When will it start to show

Options
ive been losing wieght for 2 months, 2lb a week every week 23lb in total so far, however i cant see any change, clothes, shoes rings everything fits exactly the same i dont want to lose faith but would like to see some change to keep me going,,,

when and where did you start noticing ur weight loss?

Replies

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Around 10 for pictures, 20 for clothes. Each holds their weight differently. Maybe you just haven't noticed. I couldn't see any change in myself until someone pointed it out.
  • ladynblu87
    ladynblu87 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    To be honest with you I started noticing weight when I stopped watching the scale. Whatever you do do not give up!
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It sneaks up on you, take a picture of your face and another body shot and also take measurements, then do it again in a couple of weeks.

It's weird how you get used to your face getting gradually thinner and don't actually see a difference when you look in a mirror!
  • aphid
    aphid Posts: 47
    Options
    it depends how much yopu were to start with, but i always find other people notice before i do
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    my advice would be to ALWAYS take starting photos... that way you can look back.... you don't always notice it because it's a nice slow loss.... but if you take photos once a month or so the same way with minimal clothing you can see the changes as they happen!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I've lost 27 lbs. and all the sudden everyone notices. Sometimes it just takes a while, then poof!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Your weight might be coming off your face, arms and legs right now, which would account for you not seeing it yet in your clothes. Are you measuring your waist, hips, thighs, neck and forearms, to see if there is any change happening? If not, try doing that the next time you weigh yourself first thing in the morning. Write down the stats, save the information and come back about a month or two later and measure those spots again. If you keep losing weight, you WILL see a difference. I measured those back when I started, maybe a month or so in, just to plug the information into a website to see my body fat count. For grins, I remeasured a few weeks back and was shocked at the huge difference.

Each of us loses weight in different patterns. You ARE losing, since your scale says so. Trust me that if you keep working your program, exercising and being honest with your food each day, you will start to see it before you know it. It's difficult, I know, but try to be patient. Good luck!
  • rosesedge
    Options
    I was having the exact same problem trust me - the scale said I'd lost a stone and a half, but I just wasn't seeing it. Then, this morning, I looked in the mirror as I was getting ready and suddenly it was just (not) there! Keep going, there will be a difference it's just you not seeing it right now. It'll come!
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    10lbs-20lbs sounds about right. The only trouble is I think it will take twice as long for you to notice it on yourself than for other people to notice it. At least this is how I am. People probably notice you've lost weight already, but its such a sensitive subject most people probably wont say much. Once after losing 5-8lbs I thought no one could tell including me, then at a party a friend asked me about low carb eating because he knew I was eating low carb... when I said I had really cut back on the rice a lot of people said "I can really tell, you look so much thinner!" but no one mentioned it until I brought it up. I think its just an awkward subject for most people. Hang in there, it sounds like you are doing what you're supposed to!
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just keep pushing, the scale is reflecting a loss. You will see other changes soon enough. I started notice at 20-25 when my rungs didn't fit and my breast got smaller. Now when the scale is not reflecting you will look for those NSV! Hang in there!
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already - take pictures and measurements. I know if feels silly, but they will be your guide when you are feeling this way. At a 23 pound loss, I am certain you would see or measure a difference. Nobody but you ever has to see them. But one day you may wish to proudly post them on your success story.

Yesterday a woman posted pictures after doing just two weeks of the 30-Day Shred. The changes were amazing. It is hard to believe the difference two weeks, one meal at a time, one day at a time makes.

PICTURES AND MEASUREMENTS
  • sarahmartin2011
    sarahmartin2011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i took measurements 2 weeks ago i was going to measure in the morning see if it makes me feel better, my profile picture is my before picture i will have to get one this week to compare see how it looks if any different :-) thanks guys
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice any changes till I lost 50. No one carries their weight the same. What looks like a major lose on one person, doesn't look the same on someone else. I have to say at 82 pounds...I have gone from a size 32 to 22 and people are just now noticing that I have lost weight. Still got a long road ahead but I will get there. Now if I can only go from a 22 to 12.
  • Cattallie
    Options
    I think it depends on your build, how much you work out to tone and so on. I noticed my forearms were smaller when I was cleaning a frozen yogurt machine and my arm reached all the way to the back without getting stuck in the cylinder. I noticed my calves getting smaller as well as my thighs. I took measurements months ago and I waited after 30 days of weight loss to re measure, photos do help, I need to dig my before up and take current ones. I also slimmed down around my bra line. Used the hooks I've never used before. :) broke out the belt around a week ago just for a small change in fit of my pants. I swear my stomach is going to be the last thing to go it seems. It will happen, it's just that we are our own worst critics. If you think about how long you have been the weight that you are our constantly seeing yourself that way, so a small change all over your body is hard to notice, but at least it's changing :) but it took me about 20 lbs to notice.
  • 1917Ashley
    1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I know what you mean.. I am down 35 ish pounds and I don't really notice anything..maybe a little in the face. I have dropped one pant size, but other than that--none! :(
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on how heavy you are, the heavier you are the more lbs your going to have to lose before really noticing. When my mom started La Weightloss, she was 265lbs & didn't really start to look different until she was down almost 50lbs & then she lost it in her face, then chest & down. I hear you though, my weight is just stuck right now. I had my son almost 5 months ago & I"m struggling to get this weight off, I have 80lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. Good Luck to you :)
  • LCgymnast
    LCgymnast Posts: 258
    Options
    Don't worry. It sounds like you're taking the right steps to get healthy and exercising. One day you'll just wake up and feel the difference before you see it. Mine was the same. I felt that I had more energy in my life before I saw the clothing become loose. You'll wake up one day and then see the clothing literally start to fall off. Just keep doing what you're doing and the results will be outstanding. Good Luck!
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    bump
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    We all hold our weight differently, so it's really hard to say. People didn't start commenting on my weight loss until around 30 pounds, and it took awhile to go down in clothes sizes. Don't give up. It will happen, you just have to keep pushing!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Took 6 months for me to notice, but then I see myself every day. Took about 5 for everyone else to see it. Now 8 months total & EVERYONE can see I'm going down in size almost daily.