Gagets

Options
After being on MFP for a month I notice a lot of gagets people refer to like the Fitbit, Garmin, MIO, Runtastic etc.

Right now I am just doing this without any HRM or other items. I am using the C25K app for iPhone and tracking everything as best that I can here.

Do you use any gagets? Some seem really expensive to me and I am wondering if they are worth the investment. What is your experience?

Replies

• coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've been using my fibit for about two weeks and I absolutely love using something to keep myself accountable. I always wanted to get like a HRM, but never did. My boyfriend got the fitbit and loved it so we got one for me too. I LOVE that it works with myfitnesspal. I have the best of both worlds, a great calorie counter and a great tracker throughout the day.

With this device, being that I should wear it all day [and do] and that fact that it cost us 80 a piece, I know it won't be something I use for only a month. The only problem I have is actually the myfitnesspal side, making sure I count my calories.
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    have had a fitbit, but washed it; got the new zip (its cheaper) and love it as much as the fitbit. also have a polar HRM and dont exercise without it! love my gadgets
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    Thanks! I am a Gadget Girl too and if I am going to invest in something I want to know it's best for me :smile:
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    have had a fitbit, but washed it; got the new zip (its cheaper) and love it as much as the fitbit. also have a polar HRM and dont exercise without it! love my gadgets

I'm worried that'll happen or that I'll lose it. I try to keep it on my shirt or bra so I know where it is at all times, That's how I lost my last pedometer, it was on my hip at work and on my way to the bus stop it was gone!