TurboFire.....

Hi

I was just wondering what I should log TurboFire as? Ive been logging it as Kickboxing (TurboJam) and its been giving me some super high calories burned....55 minutes = 1230 calories!! Now i love that but i want to make sure its right.....Any opinions? Oh and should i eat back ALL those calories? (i know i should eat to add fuel but my daily allowance is already 1650 Cals)

Thanks for any advice!

Lis xx

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Heart rate monitors can give you a better estimate but it is still an estimate. I'd just round down a bit from MFPs numbers. Maybe 1000.
  • SASSYnCHICago
    SASSYnCHICago Posts: 98 Member
    Wow, that is way over estimated as I do kickboxing and it is usually about 560 calories burned when I record it. I found a blog with other comments at: http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/137610560
  • I completed Turbo Fire and I do not recall burning that many calories per workout. I am also a certified Turbo Kick instructor and I have yet to burn that many after teaching a class. Everyones calorie burn is so different. I would recommend a heart rate monitor too. (It will become your best friend). :0) Good luck with Turbo Fire.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    OP has 126lbs to lose which is why her burn is higher than those closer to their goals.
  • Hiya, thanks for all the comments, i have 126lbs to lose and i have input 2lbs a week as a target (i hope for more) I complete all the TurboFire workouts from start to finish following Ali when i comes to the jumps......

I might just log it as Aerobics and follow that burn amount?

xx
  • Capegirl8013
    Capegirl8013 Posts: 12 Member
    I have about 50 pounds to lose to give you frame of reference and started using the TurboFire program back in late August. I did the TurboFire prep schedule and started the full schedule last week wearing a heart monitor for every work out. In the Fire 45 workouts combined with the stretch 10 workouts I tend to burn about 500-550 calories. With the HIIT workouts I only burn 200-300, but I think the idea there is that you'll continue burning all day at a higher rate. I've never tried wearing my monitor all day to see if that's true, but I might!

I log all my workouts in my diary, feel free to add me if you want to take a look.
  • OP has 126lbs to lose which is why her burn is higher than those closer to their goals.
    That is my thought also. I have about half that to lose and my calorie burn is half of what it's saying she burns in 55 minutes. It all depends on the person. I do Fire with my cousin and she is a couple inches taller than me and definitely weighs less than me and she burns less than I do with the 55.
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    splurge and get a HRM... i do turbofire all the time and havent burned over 550 even doing fire 60.. but i dont have much to lose, may be why...
  • e_bethh
    e_bethh Posts: 7 Member
    i agree about the HRM. i purchased a polar ft4 from amazon and it works great. it was around $60. i do turbofire everyday and usually burn between 500-700 calories for the fire workouts and around 150-250 for the HIIT workouts. i usually log it as kickboxing too, but then just change the calories to what i actually burned.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    If you dont have an HRM, log it as 10 calories a minute. If you work out for 55 minutes, log it as 550. That's a pretty safe bet.
    I'm sure you're burning more BUT at least you're not over-estimating! It's better to under-estimate.
  • I can burn 450-750 in an hr and I'm 140-145.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Hi

I was just wondering what I should log TurboFire as? Ive been logging it as Kickboxing (TurboJam) and its been giving me some super high calories burned....55 minutes = 1230 calories!! Now i love that but i want to make sure its right.....Any opinions? Oh and should i eat back ALL those calories? (i know i should eat to add fuel but my daily allowance is already 1650 Cals)

Thanks for any advice!

Lis xx

My advice is get a Heart Rate Monitor - depending on the person and the intensity, the calorie burns will vary. I just finished a round of TurboFire and depending on the workout length, etc...my calorie burns varied and that is why I wear a heart rate monitor. I eat back some exercise calories some days, and most of them other days, I have been losing between 1-2lbs per week consistently
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    splurge and get a HRM... i do turbofire all the time and havent burned over 550 even doing fire 60.. but i dont have much to lose, may be why...

That is totally why, I only have about 25lbs left to lose and on Fire60-I burn 700 calories, so depending on what you have to lose and how hard your heart is working, your burns are most likely lower. I can tell you I did have to work alot harder in the end than I did in the beginning to get higher calorie burns.
  • Allisonfitness99
    Allisonfitness99 Posts: 128 Member
    Wow, that is way over estimated as I do kickboxing and it is usually about 560 calories burned when I record it. I found a blog with other comments at: http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/137610560

I agree I usally only burn 600 ..Eveyone is different because if your own weight and all that stuff but I definitely think it's over estimating the calorie burn... I think maybe a heart rate monitor or something like that would help you..