Advice on cutting down from 15% to 10% BF

Options
Can anyone help give some advice on the best way to achieve this? Do you have a certain diet you follow, particular foods you eat? Is it all about cardio to burn the fat? Do you have a set exercise regime?

Would love to hear from anyone whose done this or is in the process of reducing their BF %.

Replies

• bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I would be very happy to know this as well. I'm 6'1, 193 lbs and 14.6% bf. I would really like to get under 12. Also, I lift heavy 5 days a week and get my cardio outdoors by riding my bike to work and around town. I currently eat 2120 cals a day and my macros are set at 35/35/30.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Just got to keep going, I got from 20+ to about 11-12 and the only thing that stopped me is i just didn't want to be doing it, it was the start of summer and I just relaxed a bit.

Lift heavy 3-4 times a week, the cardio is only necessary closer to the goal if you want to keep eating the same (maily because when you get closer there is less of you so you should be eating less than before) and just keep going, you can still have your cheatdays, but the 4 day stretches of being at a deficit you make sure you eat right and put in the work, skip the cheat day when you don't really need it and thats a bonus.

My Macros are set up like yours but I don't always eat my full allocation of carbs if i don't feel I need them.
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • EPortJake
    EPortJake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've got mine down from around 14% to about 10% in a couple of months by setting my fat goal low. I do weights and a little cardio 3 -4 times a week.
    Goals - 55%Carbs/25%Protein/20%Fat.