What to do when you reach your goal weight?

Options
Hi guys! So yesterday I was so excited because I reached my goal weight of 120 lbs at 5'4. (down from 134) I was just wondering what I should do now because I've been loosing weight at a rate of about 2lbs per month eating about 1450 calories a day and lifting weights a couple times a week. I don't want to loose anymore weight, however my stomach is the place I gain weight the most and it is very flabby and still has fat on it, even though the rest of me is very slim. I was wondering how can I make my stomach more toned without going down to an unhealthy weight? What should I do/ how many calories should I eat a day? Thanks in advance (:

Replies

• Michaelsdin
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal, now get down and do 1 situp for every pound loss! Only thing I can think of is do situps? They seem to help the abdominial area.
  • ohlookagiraffe
    Options
    Thank you very much(: but sort of scared of sit ups because I've heard that if you have fat on your stomach still they will make it appear larger D: so I've always shyed away from them. I'm not sure if it's true though.
  • EPortJake
    EPortJake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Set your goals on MFP to maintain your weight (yes you can eat more - hooray!).
    Lower your fat intake using custom settings in goals (I have mine at 20%). This will mean upping your protein intake. My settings are 55Carbs/25Protein/20Fat, but many others have the protein up even higher.
    Exercise.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Try this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Run your numbers through the tools that are linked there. Sounds like you are like me - at goal weight (well, i technically have 1.4 lbs to go :tongue:), but still have fat to lose. You can figure your body fat %, enter your current weight as your goal weight, and so on - it will give you the number of calories you should take in per day.

Follow the info in the post for setting your stuff up here. I've no idea what you're workouts are like, but strength training with some cardio is a great combo to keep shedding the fat while keeping/building in some lean muscle.
  • ohlookagiraffe
    Options
    I didn't even know you could set it to maintain your weight :p so you set it to add protein amount and decrease fat amount? Thank you!
  • ohlookagiraffe
    Options
    Thanks for the link I'll try it! (: and congratulations on your weight loss too!! :3