Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What will I look like?

I started to gain weight over the years and have been in some form FAT since high school, so my whole adult life I've been FAT.
What will I look like as a thinner, healthier man? Will I like it or not? I know being healthier is great but what about my looks. I have so far to go before I'll truly know. I'm trying to not see some of my friends or family until I lose another 50 or 60 pounds then see if some of them recognize me at all. I want to wish you the best of luck with your weight loss journey. Have a great week.

Replies

• You are not alone. I also wonder the same thing but however I look, I know I will be happier and proud of myself for this achievement. I have sleep apnea and suffer from diabetes type 2, so im hoping that at my ideal weight, that I will have much less health issues and a much happier life. :)
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    I have the same questions. :) I'd just like to add one more. Will I be able to see the differences or will I still have Fat Eyes?
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    I totally understand where you are coming from. Now as I am close to my original goal, and am considering losing more, I wonder will it look ok on me? will I look sick? do I look ok now? We aren't use to the new us, but I can tell you, throw the looks aside - the self confidence and self esteem I have now are worth it.

I have looked back at all my progress pics and kind of say 'oh I like that face shot, but this tummy shot, but this leg shot' we can't pick and choose. We get what comes with it, and you will love it becuase you will feel good in your own skin, you will be healthy, and you will be happy.

Keep at it, you are an inspiration.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 985 Member
    you will look as good as u will feel! youll be happier and healthier. u must already! 70lbs down already! it can only get better from here!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    I have the same questions. :) I'd just like to add one more. Will I be able to see the differences or will I still have Fat Eyes?

It takes time for the mind/eye to catch up and it comes and goes. When I really still feel 'fat' when I look in the mirror I put my clothes on from when I started and give my head a big big shake.
  • I know what you are saying I have nevers een my self as an adult under 340lbs in my life nor during my high school years. I can't wait to see some people or go to my reunion looking healthier than ever before.
  • I have the same questions. :) I'd just like to add one more. Will I be able to see the differences or will I still have Fat Eyes?

I believe everyone can see the difference unless you have a mental disorder than makes you blind to your own physek(spelled wrong yes lol) I am only 26 lbs from my highest weight and I already notice a big difference. Keep it up you will notice and so will your loved ones and friends.
  • I would bet my life that you will LOVE it Jerry!! I totally hear what you are saying. I've never been "thin." EVER. Even when I was "thin," you know? I'm thinking it will be like making a new friend. Unsure at first, but then you grow to love them! At least, that's how I'm picturing it.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    You'll look like a hard working, kick *kitten* version of yourself!

Ok, in all honesty I'm sure that question has been on everyone's mind who has a weight issue. I still struggle with it myself. Sometimes I see pics and think "Who is she?" I can't imagine the stranger in the mirror when I hit my goal.

Can't wait to see your "after" pics :)
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I've heard of people with the Fat Eyes syndrome, having lost a lot of weight and looking in the mirror to see they are still fat. I know that is all in your mind and that is something I may go through. I see differences now, the great NSV's that come with weight loss. I know my calves haven't looked this good since high school, my thighs are more muscular but I still have a serious layer of fat, my chest is getting there but my belly roll keeps me in larger shirts. I now have flabby arms...that will tighten up as I continue to workout. I'm getting some serious dimples that I hadn't seen since the late 70's. My shoe size has dropped from a 12 to a 10.5. Not sure about my gloves, it hasn't been cold enough for me to get them out. I'm hoping when I get my coats out that one I've saved for more than 20 years will finally fit again. I'm such a pack rat I wanted to keep all these clothes that I almost threw away last year. I was at a point that I thought I'm going to die a fat man. Wow sure glad I didn't listen to myself then.
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130

Sadly, I can answer this one... I've lost the weight...I still have "fat eyes".