Light and Lite?!

Options
FitChickBritt
FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
This question really has no relevance. But why is some light stuff labeled "light" and some labeled "lite." IDK why but this really bothers me- does this bother anyone else?:tongue::laugh:

Replies

• lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Just avoid it...they both spell evil. Just eat less of the regular items. Change your lifestyle, don't try to maintain the same lifestyle with different inputs.
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I agree a lot of "light" things are not good for you, but there are some things that are light that I enjoy- like some dressing and lite cool whip!
  • shules82
    shules82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Stuff like that drives me CrAzY :explode: !!! Lol does that make me OCD or something?
  • RD2be
    RD2be Posts: 10
    Options
    Companies don't have to specify what is "light" about the product. It could be fat, which they want us to think. Or it could mean a lighter colour or a lighter texture compared to the regular product.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You know what also gets me? The use of the word "natural." It has no FDA regulated meaning, so companies could put it on any product. What does it even mean!?
  • RD2be
    RD2be Posts: 10
    Options
    Usually a company has to have a certain percentage of that product natural to put that stamp on it.
    That being said, I'm in Canada, and I know we're a bit more regulated :S
  • abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'll have to agree. It's a marketing thing. I tend to eat the real stuff, just less of it.