Omigosh! I think I just had the best NSV EVER!!!

Options
While chatting with some of the greatest peeps you'll ever find on MFP, I had an epiphany... I no longer care about what size clothing I wear or what the scale might read. I really just want to reach a body fat percentage that I find gives me the figure that *I* want to have and wear whatever size clothing that I am comfortable in. I may not be typical in my goal because, while I adore the incredibly sexy abs I see on so many ladies here (they really are to die for!), I don't desire a "sculpted" body, per se. I honest-to-G*d want to be gently round, yet firm. So yeah, I want to be smaller than the Botticelli chicks, but I want to retain my (in my mind) super sexy curviness while being firm to the touch.

I have no idea how to translate this into a workable plan, but I am going to take my "ideal" and run with it! I am SO excited!

Replies

• sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Excellent attitude! :drinker:
  • Amatambi
    Options
    You have come so far, that's awesome! I can't wait till I only have 20 pounds left :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I think that is HUGE. It shows you have a healthy self-image (something many of us are still trying to find).

Congratulations!!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I like this idea! Go for it.
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the curves and applaud your goals go get em!
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Like *\0/*
  • tazzzydevl
    tazzzydevl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yay you!! That's awesome:)
  • mamalopez12
    mamalopez12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im the same way so i think its great!
  • lisamariepickering
    Options
    Curves are super sexy! Great attitude!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great! There is so much more to being healthy than the # on the scale. I dont want a flat stomach either ( well i do sorta lol) but i do like having a little curvy too. Do what works for you and where you feel the healthiest at....your body will tell you.
  • HakunaMatata519
    HakunaMatata519 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I feel the same. I'd like my arms to be a bit sculpted, but I do not desire a firm body... just a smaller, healthier one lol
  • nbeth901
    nbeth901 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is sooooo wonderful! Awesome attitude!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    WOW...how cool is that?!?

We're twins, because I got this SAME revelation (well sorta the same) yesterday myself. I was reading something on here last night that mentioned I should focus on Body Fat percentage rather than the scale. A light went off for me and I'm going to adopt that mind set as well.

HOWEVER, I do have a strong desire to at the same time (as focusing on BF%) to get "ripped". I just learned what that meant earlier this week when I got a new home gym. I'm an older woman, so I aint trying to look like a teenager or 20 something year old nor anything close to that--I want to look very womanly and fine that has a lean toned body (Like Leslie Sansone :o) and I'm going get too...it's just gonna take some time!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    go get it girl!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to see this!!! I wish more would realize this and that the scale should not dictate how they feel about themselves. I keep trying to reaffirm this to some on my FL.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    WOOT! You go!!!

Great goal too - that's kinda what I want as well.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,072 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

The scale is accurate for weight only and it doesn't take anything else into consideration. Likewise, the body mass index is based on weight and height. Clothing size isn't arbitrary but it's close.

When people ask if I have a target weight in mind, I am being bitterly honest when I say I do not and I will not base my goals on something as arbitrary as weight or clothing size.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I had a similar revelation myself recently. I'm becoming far more focused on health and fitness, and less focused on the scale. I want to improve my times on the treadmill. I want to improve how long I can hold a plank, how many sit ups I can do...and how much I can lift. I'm just beginning weight training.
  • Kashaea
    Kashaea Posts: 14
    Options
    That is an excellent perspective! I think I'll use that myself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!