eeeeuuwwwww!!

Options
I've gone all squishy!!!
I usually weight train plus run/cardio 6 days a week but the last 4 days i've been ill and barely had the energy to get up let alone gym it. Usually even tho i still have a little bit of fat left to lose i'm pretty firm skin/body wise but the last couple of days i seem to have gone all slack and wobbly and my lovely toned tummy doesnt look so toned. i'm still clocking a deficit though not much of one due to lack of exercise so my weight has stayed static so why have i gone all Mr Staypuffed??? Can 4 days off really make that much difference???

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I think part of this is mental and part physical. I don't think in 4 days you can lose that much tone and get that squishy especially if you're still eating well. I find that I get this too, after a few days off I feel much squishier. Good news though, I also find that I start to feel much better after 1-2 workouts once I start back again. So don't stress you likely haven't gone that far backwards
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    I think part of this is mental and part physical. I don't think in 4 days you can lose that much tone and get that squishy especially if you're still eating well. I find that I get this too, after a few days off I feel much squishier. Good news though, I also find that I start to feel much better after 1-2 workouts once I start back again. So don't stress you likely haven't gone that far backwards

oooh i hope so its just so weird after feeling more toned and slim and then suddenly morphing into the pilsbury dough boy and feeling fat and wobbly. I guess its another good incentive to stick with the gym!!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Squishy doesn't happen in 4 days. The end.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's just you feel good about yourself when your exercising all the time....and now you haven't been.
    I hope your better soon so you will be back at it : )
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    yep, squishy can happen in 4 days if u're over 40...unless u're cut...age makes a big difference. but u should get toned back up in 1 to 2 workouts like mentioned above. it happens...
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I go squishy before I have a decent drop in weight eg 1.5 kilos (or 3 pounds in a week)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Did you up sodium and carb intake these passed few days?
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    yep, squishy can happen in 4 days if u're over 40...unless u're cut...age makes a big difference. but u should get toned back up in 1 to 2 workouts like mentioned above. it happens...

i guess this is it then , im 43.. i'll just have to hit the gym hard when im better then...thanks guys :flowerforyou:
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    Did you up sodium and carb intake these passed few days?

no i kept my diet pretty much the same as usual, i never change even on rest days. my sodium and carb levels are pretty low anyway. If anything ive eaten more protein than usual
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    relax, you are probably retaining water because of your illness!
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    once you're back at it you'll get tight again - but if you're anything like me after 3-4 days away from the gym that first workout back is going to hurt something fierce...but it's sooooo worth it. Hope youre feeling better