what can i do while working!! exercise advice

I work security my day to day routine is checking in/out trucks breaking seals (walk about 150ft to back of truck and back to welcome center) average about 30 trucks a day. I can sit but when it is busy standing is the only opition. What kind of exercise can i work into my daily routine on slow days like today sunday for instance iv had 0 trucks been here 2hrs i know there is push ups sit ups but what else? explain what to do....how many times.....x how many reps? pritty much looking for challenges in a since I am 344lbs 6'3 about about 12ft x 8ft worth of room...cameras r watching me lol.

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    I work a desk job, and decided to sell my car and buy a bicycle last spring. Now I bike commute to and from work most days. I'm riding close to 20 miles every day. That seems to help me keep the weight off. It also prevents me from feeling restless while at work.

I have a friend who is about your size and he and I rode 100 miles in a single day about a month ago, so size isn't really a problem for bike exercises.
  • clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    Go to the gym
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    I work 24 hour shifts and I spend many, many hours sitting on a couch and watching Law and Order marathons. Sometimes I have to get up because my rear end hurts from sitting for so long.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Squats are good as well as hamstring stretches. I try to break for 15 minutes at lunch time and get a bit of exercise in. There's an app for that--a free app!!!
  • danner13
    danner13 Posts: 26 Member
    Try resistance bands or therabands, there are a bunch of different exercise you can do with them (try YouTube), sitting down or standing, and they don't take up a lot of space.
  • I work a desk job, and decided to sell my car and buy a bicycle last spring. Now I bike commute to and from work most days. I'm riding close to 20 miles every day. That seems to help me keep the weight off. It also prevents me from feeling restless while at work.

I have a friend who is about your size and he and I rode 100 miles in a single day about a month ago, so size isn't really a problem for bike exercises.

I have thought about this...only problem is to get to my job which is 22miles away i have to take a freeway, no bikes allowed. If i go around the journey becomes about 35miles one way lol. I am not using this as an excuse but for that to happen I would have to leave for work like 4hrs before...I wish i worked only 5-10miles away i would ride my bike.