I need advice from a moms.

Options
I am having time management problems. I have a four year old and a3 month old who is breastfed.
I am having trouble managing my time cause ones always having a tantrum and the other is feeding every
2 to 3 hours. I was big at eating right and hitting the gym 3 to 5 times a week. now I est what Ican grab and I only make
I tot the gym 2 times a week. Is this normal and will it pass and get better.

Replies

• Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I think youre doing good. Better than me! lol Min are 7, 5, 4 and 1 yr...Breastfed the baby until a couple of months ago.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    You're doing good, and you've got a great track record!! Get through these toughest months and as the baby sleeps longer and longer you will get more and more done :) this too shall pass!!! :)
  • Isatryli
    Isatryli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey! I think you're doing very well!
    The most important thing is to keep flexible and to see day after day. As your baby will grow, you'll be able to improve how to manage your time and the time for your kids.

Breasfeeding is a moment of dedication, so be patient and very proud of all you can manage to do for yourself!

Keep going girl!

Isa (mum of a 8 yo girl and a 7 yo boy who where both breasfeeded until 1 yo :))
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like you are doing pretty darned good.
    As soon as you are able, get them used to the process of going to the gym. As soon as they would let me go after my c-section I started taking them, and it really became a routine for all of us.

How far apart are they? I had "irish twins" so I know A LOT about the tantrums involved when a new baby was on the scene. You just have to get them used to the new status quo and make sure everybody gets the love they need.

Don't be so hard on yourself dear. :)
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It definitely gets easier/better. Babies are very demanding! I waited til my youngest was 18mths before I finally took the time to do something for myself (I have five children and a husband who used to work away a lot) so you're way ahead of me!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have two kids 4 almost 5 and 18 months. My 18month old still gives me attitude when I try to work out but within a few minutes she is good. I usually work out at home to the wii but when I do go to the gym I drop her off at toddler time. Gives me some me time as well as her some play away from mommy time. I think it gets easier. Good luck
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    yes, this is so totally normal and this too shall pass.
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Although I applaud you on your exercise efforts...don't wish this time away...enjoy your babies while they're still young. They grow up way too fast! (Mine are 19 & 16 now.) Good luck finding a balance that works! :-)