Munchies

I have the Munchies! I tried drinking tea, water and sucking on hot balls, but I am still munchie! I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to curb the munchies or some great snack ideas that are low calorie. Thanks

Replies

• craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Depends on what you like to eat.....raw vegetables is usually what I use with a 16oz glass of water..like carrots, raw broccoli, celery, cucumber, etc...

I use to slice cucumber in some vinegar water since it is so cheap calorie wise and can fill you up or at least quell that urge a bit.

Other than that, for sweet things I would do a full cup of strawberries, or frozen mixed fruit, etc... you can also create a relatively good/cheap parfait with some strawberry yogurt/sliced strawberries/light or free whipped cream.
  • tray71
    tray71 Posts: 17 Member
    What are Hot balls please???? I have celery and carrot sticks which is sometimes boring... I think if you've prepared food its heaps easier, i have jelly (weight watchers) with a tablespoon of yogurt. Dry cereal is good as long as its not loaded with sugar. Pop corn also good
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    hot balls

:noway: ?????????
  • TammyKeaten
    TammyKeaten Posts: 61 Member
    Thanks, atomic fire balls. They are hot but only 20 calories and if you suck on them they can last an hour. It helps a lot but is probably terrible for your teeth.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    When I'm craving something crunchy, I roast green beans or asparagus or chickpeas until lightly browned and crispy. For any one of these, I toss them with 1 tsp of olive oil. For green beans and asparagus, I sprinkle on salt and pepper. For chick peas, sprinkle on cumin, paprika and cayenne. Roast them at 400 - 425 for 20-30 minutes. Watch and take them out when they look reduced and slightly browned.

They come out crispy, crunchy, salty and are just what I need to replace the potato chips I used to eat in the evening.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Broccoli florets. Hard any calories, fiber to boot, and you have to chew 'em :)
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    When I'm craving something crunchy, I roast green beans or asparagus or chickpeas until lightly browned and crispy. For any one of these, I toss them with 1 tsp of olive oil. For green beans and asparagus, I sprinkle on salt and pepper. For chick peas, sprinkle on cumin, paprika and cayenne. Roast them at 400 - 425 for 20-30 minutes. Watch and take them out when they look reduced and slightly browned.

They come out crispy, crunchy, salty and are just what I need to replace the potato chips I used to eat in the evening.

Yum I'm trying this!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member

Yum I'm trying this!

Be careful with timing... Check early and often, burn easily.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    I haven't had the munchies in years, but Star Crunches were my go-to.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member

Yum I'm trying this!
    Me too! Thanks
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Sugar free Jello by the box. An entire box is 40 cals and is a pretty big bowl. It may not satisfy the crunchy/salty cravings but you'll be too full to munch. Its awesome if you're craving sweets.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member

Forgot to add these tips: After you rinse the vegetables, be sure to dry them on a towel before seasoning and roasting. Also, spread the veggies out with a little space in between. These steps will keep the vegetables from steaming instead of roasting.
  • TammyKeaten
    TammyKeaten Posts: 61 Member
    Thanks, will definitely try this!:smile: