100+ to lose with MFP and Bodybugg!! :)

Options
Hi there! I'm new to Myfitness Pal, and absolutely LOVE the format and user friendly calorie counting of this program!
I recently got a Bodybugg (like what they use on The Biggest Loser) but the nutrition portion really, kinda... well, sucks! Lol!
There is no comparison to MFP!

So... that being said, I've decided to use both and hopefully I can keep up with all the inputing! :happy:

I love the bodybugg so far though, it's amazing how much more you find yourself doing "little" things to get your calorie burn up higher, like parking farther away, taking the stairs, etc.. So, now to just get my calories on target and hopefully this weight will melt away!

Needing support, or a MFP buddy, feel free to message me! Would love to find some friends with similar goals and motivation!

Misty :heart:

Replies

• coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using the FitBit and myfitnesspal and it is the same. Great tracking but not good for calorie tracking, so I am using both and so far it seems to be great, but this will only be my third week on it.
  • livefreemm
    livefreemm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I was SO excited at first when I saw that MFP can link with certain apps, and I saw Bodymedia on there but I guess Bodybugg is a trademark exclusively for 24Hr Fitness but put out by bodymedia.. so the one they have to link up with wont work. What a bummer!

I was thinking of getting the Fitbit.. alot of my friends on the Biggest Loser club loved it! But my honey got me the Bodybugg for my anniversary, so gonna give it a shot. :)
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I was SO excited at first when I saw that MFP can link with certain apps, and I saw Bodymedia on there but I guess Bodybugg is a trademark exclusively for 24Hr Fitness but put out by bodymedia.. so the one they have to link up with wont work. What a bummer!

I was thinking of getting the Fitbit.. alot of my friends on the Biggest Loser club loved it! But my honey got me the Bodybugg for my anniversary, so gonna give it a shot. :)

I was told the bodybugg was better, but the guy who told me that didn't really know about the fitbit and was using a nike fuel band. I just like having something on me to keep me accountable.
  • gettinmyfitnessback
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to MFP and back at this perpetual journey of losing weight. I am a crazy busy Working Mom of two boys that finds taking care of myself....really hard to do. In an effort to make this time...THE time, I have started Optifast for a jumpstart to get motivated and stay on track. I have tried WW, JC, low carb, no carb, spark....I am finally ready and would like to partner with anyone else who has a similar mountain to climb. Positive energy, accountability...no matter what program you are on.
    Good luck all who are starting this week or to those struggling to continue their weight loss journey!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Tracking calories here and using fitbit to track steps and input other exercise. Having these tools is a major benefit and makes things a lot easier. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    That is how I lost mine...plus diet.

Good luck
  • livefreemm
    Options
    Wow!! Good for you!! I'd love to hear what you did for exercise and any tips/pointers.
    How long did it take you to lose that much?!

~Misty
  • livefreemm
    Options
    Gettinmyfitness back,
    I hear ya about trying everything! Been there too! I am really hoping that the bodybugg and MFP do it for me. I know wearing it really does make me concious of every move I make, and to see the difference day by day as calorie burn, it seems to be keeping me focused!
    We'll see if it sticks! Lol!
    Feel free to add me for support, tips, and motivation for eachother! :happy:

Misty
  • sgreen328
    Options
    I just started MFP because I purchases a Body media fit and hated the food diary. I love the one here. I am at the halfway point of my journey and added the BMF so I could get an honest estimate of my workouts, the difference for me has been huge.