Liters of water

Options
Hello everyone,

I would like to know how many liters of water do you drink a day. I drink about 4 to 5 liters and water is the only liquid i drink. if you drink so much water how do you do to replace the electrolytes lost?

Replies

• KatieCJ66
    KatieCJ66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am to drink 4 litres of water a day. But I make crystal light ice tea with some of that total for a little taste.

I've never though about replacing electrolytes.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    4+ of just water. Plus coffee and diet sodas.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to drink that much water unless you are exceptionally thirsty and if you are I'd suggest being tested for diabetes. Your body doesn't need excessive amounts of water to function. You get plenty of liquid from your foods plus what you would normally drink. It's totally a myth that drinking a lot of water is good for you or aids in weight loss.
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I used to drink about 3 litres a day - - although I have cut back a little (only because I keep forgetting to fill my water bottle). I do try to have a Gatorade once a week just to make sure I keep up with the electrolytes.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I totally disagree..... drinking enough water is very beneficial to our health. It can help you feel fuller, drinking water with your meals can help you in eating slower therefore eating less or at at least helping with digestion as you eat, keeps you hydrated which helps you think clearer. Many people are dehydrated and don't even realize it, it is a very common cause of headaches. I drink 8-9 glasses of plain water a day, I feel better when I do. That amount of water is about half my weight in ounces which is commonly recommended for losing weight.
    There's no reason to drink that much water unless you are exceptionally thirsty and if you are I'd suggest being tested for diabetes. Your body doesn't need excessive amounts of water to function. You get plenty of liquid from your foods plus what you would normally drink. It's totally a myth that drinking a lot of water is good for you or aids in weight loss.
  • alejandragc
    alejandragc Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Well the reason i drink that much water is because I lose so much water through sweat in my workouts and I suffer from a condition that is called hyperhidrosis that means that i sweat A LOT! So I guess i need that much Water!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you need it to replace sweat or it makes you feel good, go for it but there is no magic to drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Yes, it fills you up but that isn't a health benefit, that's a trick of the mind.
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    ~19 8 Ounces of Water a day.. Give or take.

1.1875 gallons for our US People

4.49518 Liters for the Rest of the World
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    If you feel like drinking lots of water,or it helps you eat less, then ok, if you do not overdo it.

If you drink a lot because you read you are supposed to drink 8 glasses a day, then that is incorrect information.

I drink based on if I feel thirsty, it varies depending on the weather and my workouts