Getting a Model Physique

Options
Are there any girls out there whose goal is to look like models? NOT anorexic/skinny-fat models, Victoria's Secret models to be precise :) Thin but strong and muscular. Currently I weight 112 lbs (i am 5'8"), I am trying to maintain my body thin but i want to gain muscle, which is way harder than just losing weight.
"To look like a model, you gotta eat like one". And here are two interesting links: what Alessandra Ambrosio and Miranda Kerr eat in a day:

http://skinnyvscurvy.com/alessandra-ambrosio/alessandra-ambrosio-eat-one-week-day-day-menu.html

http://www.koraorganics.com/blog/live-in-my-skin/all-things-organic/organic-certification/my-general-well-being-nutrition-guide-
what-i-do-to-stay-healthy-by-miranda/

Personally, I think Miranda's diet is boring, I know I could never live like that for a long period of time, but Alessandra's diet sounds very yummy and it's full of protein. What do you guys think?
I am hoping to meet some new friends with similar goals.
Let's support each other :)

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I think Alessandra is lying, and Miranda is more closer to the truth. If you ate like Alessandra, you would not look like her. She's lying about her diet, IMO.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i don't think she is lying. she stated that she doesn't eat a lot, she eats everything in moderation and small portions i guess. if she is starving herself she would not be able to give birth to two healthy babies and would not have the energy for workouts and all the modeling that they do-their wings must be really heavy.
    skinny people eat too :)
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Just remember that they aren't all real... Most of them have fake boobs and collagen filled lips. They have makeup and hair people to make them look stunning and clothes that are tailored just for them. For their magazine shoots, they have a photographer that gets the lighting just perfect and then an editor that can airbrush out anything that doesn't look quite right.

You can eat like them all you want, but unless you have a team of people working on you everyday, you'll never look just like them.

Now onto their diets, I personally can't see myself eating so little and still being able to work out. I would be exhausted and would probably lose a lot of my muscle from my body starving.

You can always try it for a few days and see how you feel and go from there. Adjust it to your needs.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't think she is lying either. I eat that way too- whatever I want, but I do not gorge on food. If I ate super-clean and as little as people probably imagine I eat, I would be much thinner than I already am, I would not be able to work out as hard and it would not be attractive!

OP, I wouldn't say I have a specific physical goal in mind, but my body-type is naturally slim and muscular- only I'm short at 5'2"! I think the best way to handle it is to eat well- with good nutrition in mind and to workout hard, being sure to lift weights. If this is your natural body-type (and it sounds and looks like it is- you look gorgeous, btw), you will have what you want. You are probably young- I think you are pretty much already there, you just want to make sure you stay there as you get older.
  • neverstray
    Options
    i don't think she is lying. she stated that she doesn't eat a lot, she eats everything in moderation and small portions i guess. if she is starving herself she would not be able to give birth to two healthy babies and would not have the energy for workouts and all the modeling that they do-their wings must be really heavy.
    skinny people eat too :)

It's a PR piece they have no reason to tell the truth. I knew a lot of models from when I was a rock star. Most of them are coke heads, and barely eat anything at all. They pass out all the time, and they are very very unhealthy. I'm not saying these two are like that, but what they tell the public and what they actually do are very different things. Anything written in public about their diet is probably 90% false. But, that's just me.

Just work out, and eat at a calorie deficit. It's not that difficult to figure out. What is difficult, is executing it. That's where most people fail.

The other thing to remember is this. The reason rock stars, actors, and models stay skinny, or in shape is because they get paid to do that. Regular everyday people do not get paid to look good. In fact, it doesn't matter that much how you look. So, everyday people don't have the same level of motivation to keep it up. Sure, it feels good to walk on the beach knowing you look hot. But, on the other hand, who gives a *kitten*? It doesn't matter. But, if you were paid millions of dollars, and you next movie deal depended on your looks, then yes, it matters a lot. Not to you, maybe, but to your job and your ability to continue doing something you love to do.

I have a much higher respect for the actors that just look like regular people. I get tired of seeing beautiful people don the silver screen all the time. Movies should be about real life, and real life people don't look like they do. It's annying to me.
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    this is a very different perspective :) yeah i like looking good, for what it takes, i think it's worth it. Of course i don't get paid for it, but nobody's getting any younger, so i want to look the best i can, while i can.
    Btw i never said that if i copy everything they eat (which is also impossible) i will start looking like them. those are just two examples of their lifestyle. I know that she might be lying but the fact is that she is a healthy woman, she works hard for those muscles and again, they both have perfectly healthy babies. You can't possibly live like that if you survive on rabbit food for years.

@missym i agree with everything you say. A thin person needs at least 1700 calories a day as well-but somehow people find it hard to believe that they eat too.
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    double post :/
  • oosaah
    oosaah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I spent a week doing charity work in Uganda with Christine Teigan (she's even more beautiful in person) and she ate more than me! She works dang hard for that body though, seeing her personal trainer a few times a week. I remember she told me that she HATES dieting, she falls asleep thinking of food, but she swears by the lemonade cleanse if she ever gets too far off track (ie: 5 or 10 pounds up). She said that if she gained too much weight, her trainer would just kick her *kitten* back in to shape and she'd do a cleanse, then go back to eating like a normal person (ie. pancakes/oatmeal for breakfast, half a chicken and a plate of fries for lunch, whatever's on offer for dinner).

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.thatsfit.com/media/2010/02/christineteigenaol.jpg
  • oosaah
    oosaah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be a coke head to be a model. Some of it is just genetics. Miranda Kerr was back to modeling swimwear WEEKS after having a 10lb baby boy. That's actually just impossible for most people, regardless of how hard we work at it.
  • neverstray
    Options
    You don't have to be a coke head to be a model. Some of it is just genetics. Miranda Kerr was back to modeling swimwear WEEKS after having a 10lb baby boy. That's actually just impossible for most people, regardless of how hard we work at it.

I know. Just like not all rock stars are druggies. But, on the whole, most are. Rock stars and models hang out and hook up a lot. There's a reason for that. They lead similar lifestyles. Most people don't pick up on that though. No biggie. I was giving my perspective. They are also usually very young, so they have high metabolism, good genes, and just great looks. So, they kind of have it all.
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    they do work hard for it, it's common misconception that they are all eating lettuce and taking drugs all the time. They wouldn't have the energy. and if we try hard enough, all of us can achieve those bodies, while still living like normal people. Don't you know any skinny girls/guys that swear that they eat whatever they want and can't gain weight?
    Honestly, I don't believe in fast/slow metabolisms. The truth is, i've been watching my skinny Serbian friends eat junk food and not being able to gain weight for years. That is because they don't eat too much of whatever they're eating.
    I guess discipline is the key.... Right now i am trying to make my body adjust to small amounts of food. And of course, workout is very important!