I deserve ICE CREAM!!!!!!!

Options
We are traveling back home from a wedding and we got robbed. Stopped at the St. Louis Arch and someone broke into our van and stole luggage with my kids clothes in them, our laptop bag with both our family computer, all of the kids backpacks, and my purse. I guess there really is a reason Missouri is also known as misery!!!!!! I just want to go home and eat Ben and Jerry's right now....but we still have 700 miles before we reach home.....so sad

Replies

• leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Edys slow churned individual cups.. Have your ice cream, and enjoy it :)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    That really sucks. Definately have some when you get home. You've earned it.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    This sounds a lot like emotional eating. Why not try doing a kick *kitten* workout to get out the frustration, I reccomend boxing for stress relief :smile: If you still want the ice cream after your workout then have a little and enjoy it knowing that you've earned it. Patterns like this are what keep people (myself included) overweight.

I'm so sorry to hear that you got robbed though, people are ****ty sometimes
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This sounds a lot like emotional eating. Why not try doing a kick *kitten* workout to get out the frustration, I reccomend boxing for stress relief :smile: If you still want the ice cream after your workout then have a little and enjoy it knowing that you've earned it. Patterns like this are what keep people (myself included) overweight.

I'm so sorry to hear that you got robbed though, people are ****ty sometimes

couldn't have said it better myself!! Sorry about the robbery!!
  • lgsmith12
    Options
    Sad to hear about your loss; maybe ice cream is not the right answer right now. Can any of your items be replaced by insurance. Glad to hear no one was injured. Try not to turn to ice cream when you are upset, rather do just what you did, vent. I hope you get some of your items back and a safe drive home.
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    totally agree with gmallan. I understand wanting to eat something not so good for you when something bad happens. maybe you wont want the ice cream when you get home. But thats what were here for, to vent. sorry to hear about the robbery. people just suck sometimes
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream??? We have insurance so the things with monetary value can be replaced. But things like the kids backpacks (with toys and art supplies...really??? they stole kids back packs!!! UGH) and Super Teddy (son had him for 9 years and never left home without him) can not. Some people really really suck!

I hate the way they hurt my kids most of all. I want to cry....does that burn calories???

Thanks for the kind words.
  • MzSturdivant
    MzSturdivant Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You deserve ice cream and a strong drink! I'm sorry that happened to you! Hang in there.