Filling foods?

Options
katdesch
katdesch Posts: 10 Member
Anyone suggest any especially filling snacks? Something that has low calories but can hold me over til my next meal? HELP! I'm hungry!:laugh:

Replies

• fluffyfeathers
    fluffyfeathers Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    HOW ABOUT EMERALD'S COCOA DUSTED ALMONDS
  • chickylet
    chickylet Posts: 76
    Options
    Peanut butter on an apple is really good. If you have time to bake, muffins from the Eat Clean cookbook are good. cottage cheese and fruit. Protein is really good to eat with every snack if you can.
  • kiwiraz
    kiwiraz Posts: 34
    Options
    Generally anything that has a lot of water in it will hold you over. Carrots are my favorite snack to get me through.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    apples. my personal favorite is the golden delicious type. i've tried *many* things, even the old fiber trick, but eating an entire apple is like 70 calories and you will definitely feel full, especially if you eat it with peanut butter. also eating foods high in fiber will make you feel fuller faster but it won't last long so it's better in snacks.
  • eeesposito
    Options
    I recently started snacking on organic oatcakes between meals and I was really surprised how filling they are! I normally have them with some low-fat houmous, sprinkled with some paprika. I don't know how easy they are to find in the States though. But 2 oatcakes (82 calories) + 30g low-fat houmous (56 calories) = 138 calories snack. (While I do snack on fruit, it doesn't quench my hunger very much!)
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    Apples, carrots and cheerrios work for me. Good Luck!
  • marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    I like Flber one or fiber plus bars with 1/2 glass skim milk. Also the 100 cal bag of popcorn with a lot of water. Seems like it grows after it's eaten! Also a snack with any kind of protein is supposed to fill you and stay with you longer.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Celery filled with peanut butter?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with granola or berries