I came in last in my race this weekend - and loved! NSV

Options
2»

Replies

• funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! Good grief if you're a slow runner there is no hope for me! :) Congrats on a great finish no matter what!

That's what I was thinking. I did my first race on Saturday. I wasn't ready for the 5k so I did the 2-mile run. There were also 2-mile walkers. I had a lady who walked the whole course beat me when I was running. Needless to say, I was dead last by a long way from the other runners. I'm doing about 17-minute miles. I have to laugh at myself. But, hey, ya gotta start somewhere, right?

OP, great job!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    you are amazing!
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Awesome success story. You're a WINNER because you showed up and completed what you started. You're also a Winner because you have a great attitude even though you came in last place. If you keep on running one day you will be first. The first shall be last and the last shall be first.
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Finish dead last beats did not finish, that trumps did not start any single day!

YOU DID AWESOME!
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    AWESOME post!! you should be very, VERY proud of yourself! i just ran my third 5k yesterday. posted my worst time yet, but the course had hills which i've not trained for and i was sick all day on friday, so i'm perfectly happy with the fact that i just finished. hoping to work on improving my 5k time (usually run anywhere from 12:15 - 13:00/mi), and then perhaps start training for 10k distance.

congrats again on your totally fantastic achievement!! :drinker:
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love this! I started MFP July 19th and started running August 25th, so I am month behind you. I'm so impressed that you did a 10K, way to go! Like you, I NEVER thought I could run. I didn't to the C25K program, I just went outside and started pushing myself to run as slow as I could for as long as I could. I just did my second 5k this weekend. Our paces are pretty much the same, too, so you are totally inspiring me to try for that 10k distance now. I still have 40lbs. to lose, but running has shifted my focus from weightloss to fitness and it is so empowering! It's so funny when people look at me and are like "You run? You're doing a 5k? You?" Hahaha, heck yeah I'm a runner and I plan on looking like one someday, too!

^^^^ @starlite_79 "You don't have to go fast. You just have to go." YESSS!!! That is going on my profile!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you finished it and thats all that matters! Well done!!!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    thats awesome...finishing is the first step and then you can make up time on the next race..so great job
  • danimal5867
    Options
    I love it! Any race you finish is a good race, and maintaining a consistent pace throughout is awesome. Congratulations! Keep on running.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! :) I appreciate the lovely compliments. It's nice to have a race where looking back I can't find anything wrong with it other than it was nighttime, dark, and cold, lol!
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on finishing that race!!!! You should definitely be proud!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    great job! hey, not everyone can say they have completed one! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!