Last 10 lbs..what can I eat?

Options
So I am finally down to my last 10 lbs... the thing I was wondering is.. Has anyone on here been able to successfully reach their goal weight and still eat things like cheese, ketchup, ice-cream occassionally etc. I am not a body builder by any means and am not willing to live off of chicken breast and steamed veggies. I have lost 20 lbs so far by eating a balanced 1200 calories a day... SO what are my chances of losing the rest if I don't cut these foods out?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I still eat ice cream almost every night and have an occasionaly cookie and still have lost more than my goal weight. It is everything in moderation.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    Do you currently exercise? If so, what do you do, how much per day and # of days per week?

In My Opinion, 1200 calories is pretty low....I wouldn't recommend going lower...as a matter of fact, if you are exercising I would encourage you to increase it a little to 1500.

For your 1200 calories, do you try to stay within a certain range for Carbohydrate/Protein/Fat ? If so, you may find that trying a 40/40/20 will allow you to have some of your favorite foods, as long as your Protein levels stay at 40%
  • teresa011
    teresa011 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Holly, hello and congrats on the only have 10lbs left.........yes I do still eat all the other stuff.......I usually take one day a week and eat whatever I like, this way it helps me NOT to plateau and it also keeps your metabolism moving........enjoy every once in a while, it is allowed.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I still eat ice cream almost every night and have an occasionaly cookie and still have lost more than my goal weight. It is everything in moderation.

I completely agree. Though not at my goal weight now, I used to eat whatever I wanted when I was thin, but the key was just eating a little bit of everything. My problem arose when I stopped paying attention and ate however much I wanted to.

In order to succeed, you have it make it a lifestyle you can maintain and not a diet. So if you can't live without cheese, ice cream and ketchup after you lose these 10 pounds...it's not in your best interest to go down that route.

I also agree with your calories being low. People seem to have success with bumping their calories up when they are in the home stretch and most seem to be successful with this approach.
  • hjmygatt
    hjmygatt Posts: 79
    Options

I also agree with your calories being low. People seem to have success with bumping their calories up when they are in the home stretch and most seem to be successful with this approach.

Congrats on being near the finish line! When I was about 10 lbs away from my goal, I upped my caloric intake to 1440 and ate back about 200 exersice calories for about 1650 total a day. ( And I still eat cheese, chocolate, etc. but in managable amounts) This, comined with exersice worked, and I only have 4 pounds to go! Might be something to consider.
  • hollyroode
    Options
    Eating 1200 calories allows me to lose 1.1 pounds a week. When I exercise I always eat my exercise calories. I eat clean 90% of the time, but once in a while I enjoy a 100 cal ice-cream bar etc.. Once I hit my goal weight I will adjust my calorie intake to be able to maintain that weight. I am not on a "diet" now and never want to be on a diet again.. I have lost weight in the past by dieting and could never live like that..which is why I gained it all back. I'm glad to hear that people were able to reach their goal and still treat themselves :) That's what I was hoping for. Congratulations to all of you who have successfully hit your goal without "dieting" hopefully I will join you with that success soon!