Hurricane Sandy is making me want to cheat on my diet!!!

Options
For those of you that dont know I live in New Jersey right in the center where Hurricane Sandy is going to be making landfall the whole state is under a state of emergency and I am having such a hard time not eating everything in my house out of bordem ahhhhhhhh

Replies

• nz50
    nz50 Posts: 3
    Options
    Ack. How awful. It sounds like you are in for a long boring wait for the thing to blow over. No good eating for entertainment as the food wouldn't last. So what will you do? Are people there going to stay home from school/work and wait it out?

As for myself, I am reading message board posts because politics is making me want to eat everything in sight and I am trying to make myself tired enough to go to sleep before I find myself in the kitchen.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    For those of you that dont know I live in New Jersey right in the center where Hurricane Sandy is going to be making landfall the whole state is under a state of emergency and I am having such a hard time not eating everything in my house out of bordem ahhhhhhhh
    You should dance! Sing too if you want :] I know it SOUNDS dumb, but if you have electricity or power on your phone, then listen to some crazy awesome dance music and dance. Even if you lock yourself up in a room so no one can see you (if anyone lives with you) dance around like a teenager or a kid would. It is a lot of fun and burns calories at the same time. lol. I eat when I'm bored and I find when I act silly and let myself relax 100% I can stay entertained for a while and not worry.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I cheated a bit today........also been drinking a bit.....feeling buzzed, sleepy and just overall not so good. So this will teach me not to do that again.......but I can also attribute this slip to stress because of the storm and having a very very sick cat to take care of until we can get her to the vet.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    "I can't wait to be like snooki, blowin the whole east coast" - Hurricane Sandy
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    this topic made me eat peanut butter m&M's

Me too but sprinkled with bacon.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how calm you all seem. Living in the uk we do not have to go through anything like this. I think I would be a nervous wreck. Just all of you stay safe and do what you have to do and if that involves being bored for a while then it is worth it to stay safe. I am thinking of you all (not that that helps) lol.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how calm you all seem. Living in the uk we do not have to go through anything like this. I think I would be a nervous wreck. Just all of you stay safe and do what you have to do and if that involves being bored for a while then it is worth it to stay safe. I am thinking of you all (not that that helps) lol.

we survived honey booboo, snooki, hiltons and the Kardashians, you pretty much become immortal after that
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Plan on hosting a hurricane party for your friends and neighbors once the power goes out (as long as there's no damage to your homes, of course).

We lost power for 2 weeks in Miami during Katrina, and we ended up just having a big cookout in the apartment complex and playing board games all night.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

we survived honey booboo, snooki, hiltons and the Kardashians, you pretty much become immortal after that
    Lmso
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers are with you! its a scary thing and I am sure you are anxious right now, not knowing what the outcome could be. This past summer , we had no electric for about 6 days due to a storm, and the temps rose to over 100 degrees F daily, it was truly an experience (not as devastating as some I am sure) but I would not want to do it again. hang in there!