Hi from Shelton, Wa.

Options
Hello. my name is Sarah. I have at least 100 pounds to lose. I am in my late 50's and have two small children that we adopted.
Yesterday, I just started back on Atkin's with which a few years ago I lost weight, but caved into those darn carbs and sweets. I am also a diabetic (type 1). I definitely can pack a big plate down. I also am just starting at OA. I had to have help and went to my doctor a few days ago and told him I needed help with my appetite. He gave me a scrip for phentermine and it is really working. Problem I am having is not being able to get enough calories, so today am going to work on that. This is the first time I am logging things down. For exercise, I usually do a 1 mile walk video. I have two other friends with me on this journey and we are all low carbing. When I reach my goal, then I will start adding carbs and choose good ones.
I see there are such supportive people here and I like that.
Good luck to you all...

Sarah

Replies

• hjmygatt
    hjmygatt Posts: 79
    Options
    Welcome Sarah! I am over in Bremerton, we are practically neighbors!
    Good luck.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    What does your doctor think of a low carb diet? I am taking a Physiology course and a nutrition course and I've learned that your body needs a certain amount of carbs for brain function alone. That's why a lot of people on low carb diets complain of being tired and "foggy" headed. Your body will take what it needs from other places if you're not getting enough in your food. This site is great for support and advice, so you've come to the right place good luck!!
  • jcarey101
    jcarey101 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hello from Wenatchee,

I'm not to far from you. Welcome to MFP!. I'm on my second week and already feel the support and drive to succeed. The people here are amazing.

Good Luck!
  • Sarah1952
    Sarah1952 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, we are close. Perhaps one day, we will meet!
  • Sarah1952
    Options
    my doctor thinks it is ok. It will give me a jump start. I am starting on 20 carbs a day for now, with most coming from veggies. At one time, the doc was going to hospitalize me and do the protien thing. I am making regular appts. with him.
    I appreciate your information.

Sarah
  • Sarah1952
    Options
    Thanks so much and good luck to you also!