first timer,,,

Options
lol..i am tryin this for the first time..
i am gonna lose a bit of me..
but im a quiter,,and a busy woman,,
hopin to learn to take time for me n my body
im diet dumb,,,,so need people to show me new ways of eating !

Replies

• ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to start your journey. Here's some tips and links to help you get started.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/truth-justice-and-the-mfp-way-a-primer-for-beginners-422837
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Busy! I hear ya!! But I keep trying to tell myself that I make what's important to me a priority. And 'me' is important.
    Welcome aboard!
  • aitchtwoo
    aitchtwoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a first timer too, having a one year old boy and being back to work I struggle with eating healthily. I snack too much and am generally going the wrong way about losing weight - a friend recommended this site and I started it but then had three weeks off away from the computer so must put the app on my phone for a new start today!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Welcome Andrea!!!

I hope you don't mind Hun but I'm sharing some of your info!!

Andrea is a friend if mine (in real life) and she is being very modest!!

She is very very active in the community doing fund raisers and food drives to help those less fortunate (recently she spent the weekend sleeping in a transport trailer bed while trying to fill it with food for the food bank). She puts tons of hours into beautification projects in the parks of the "bad" neighborhoods and actively campaigns to have more city funds put into these areas. She is a fantastic single mom to four boys. Her oldest is in China on a full scholarship (we're in Canada). She has dealt with a seriously ill child and offers emotional support for families dealing with the same problems. So when she says she's a "busy lady" it's a huge understatement!!

She is hysterically funny (and a little unconventional!).

She's looking for some supportive people to help her learn how to be healthier. Feel free to add her!