Thin doesn't mean fit!

Options
Before I say anything, please don't judge me!

I'm a size 8 and I'm not really looking to lose weight but I do want to be toned!

It's really hard finding people to motivate you when you want to eat healthy and feel better because most people don't take you seriously based on your dress size!

I'm not fishing for compliments when I say I want to be fit or tone up. Just because I can eat junk without putting on weight doesn't mean I'm healthy. If anything, it makes it even HARDER to watch what I eat!

I'd love to have people motivate me to eat better and exercise more for the lifestyle, not just for the weight loss :)

Replies

• JPZ98
    JPZ98 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No judging here. I would like to offer support. Friend me if you like.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I started on here primarily for weight loss, but have since changed my mindset to being healthy - I still want to lose weight but it's not my main concern at the moment.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    No judging - wanting to be healthy is a great mind-set to get in now, while you're still young. It will help keep you healthy as you get older!

Best of luck - you can do this!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    you are so so right!, thin does not mean being fit,,, some of the thinnest people are the sickest people!
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I told my husband I am what they call "skinny fat". I wear a size 6. I have to really watch what I eat or the pounds will sneak their way back on. I want to get toned too. I am currently suffering from a leg/knee injury right now and on week 3 of rest. I am still hurting, so have decided to get back to working out since no real difference has been made. I am adding weight training to my cardio workouts. I hope to tone up! Good luck to you!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    No judging here. I comment on all/most of my friends achievements, whether it be that they've lost weight, they had a good workout, or they stayed within their calorie goal. It's all a part of their journey and I want to help keep them motivated to keep going any way I can. Feel free to add me and I'll do the same for you! :)
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for wanting to become healthy.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NO judging here........!!!! Unless you weigh 350 lbs. and think leggins look good on you.
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you thin does not mean you are fit. I go back and forth between a size 8 and 6 I know I am not a heavy person but I am not near as fit as I can be my down fall is going out with my friends i just need to make better choices when I am out and not have just one more drink! friend request me if you want.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    My best mate is stick thin but in terms of fitness I wipe the floor with him, it happens. I don't mind being your friend, or anyone for that matter.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    No judgement here! Getting healthier is a great goal, I am working on both weight loss and getting toned. Good luck to you!
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    You are absolutely right to start watching your health now. You know the saying, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

Plus, that ability to eat anything you want is NOT going to stay with you. In fact, you'd be surprised just how young you might be when you lose it. It'll be much easier down the road if you start paying attention to your health now. I moved ahead in my career, which meant a desk job. Suddenly, WA-BAM! I couldn't have gained weight faster if I'd strapped the fat on my backside with Velcro.

Do what's right for you.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm thin and fit! Try Yoga!!! If you do yoga on a regular basis, it will do amazing things for you -- thin or not! Good luck in your efforts:laugh:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! I have already lost my weight, now I am just working on exercising and eating healthy. Not for weight loss but just for me. Would love to be friends if you want!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina I've sent you a friend request. I completely agree with you, being skinny doesn't mean you're healthy. My hubby is able to eat whatever he wants and never puts on an ounce but he was eating all the wrong things and actually found out he was underweight. Now he eats better and goes to the gym regularly and not only feels better but looks better too, so well done you for making positive changes now while you're young - it's what will keep you healthy as you get older x
  • a134x
    a134x Posts: 1
    Options
    I totally agree. I am a smaller dress size then you but that doesn't I still can't improve. I believe in you and your going to look rocking when your toned! In my mind it doesn't look as attractive if you're a 0 rather then a fit muscular 4/6ish.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NO judging here........!!!! Unless you weigh 350 lbs. and think leggins look good on you.

Lol or 120 lbs and think leggings (with a shirt that doesn't cover your @$$) look good on you. That look needs to die a horrible horrible death.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like. I'm thin, but I'm really untoned and tend to binge eat a lot. I'm on here to lose the weight I gained binge eating (almost there!) and start toning up.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Lol or 120 lbs and think leggings (with a shirt that doesn't cover your @$$) look good on you. That look needs to die a horrible horrible death.

But it's so damn cute if the shirt does cover your *kitten*! =) Let's just say people need to stay within strict guidelines when it comes to leggings.