I have a 'freak out' weight of 150

Options
I have a weight number in my head that starts screeching like a blasted smoke alarm when I get close to it... 150... and that is when I have to stop kidding myself and actually do something about it. I've gotten close twice before and then of course I gained it back.

There are ways to stay at a healthy weight and not bounce up and down like this. I'm serious about it now. It won't get any easier.

My friend from Arkansas says she doesn't have a freak out weight. I haven't seen her in years, but we talk on the phone every week. She told me she has gained a lot of weight, she won't say how much. I worry about her.

She's a negative-type of person. She never takes advice from me or anyone else. She believes she has all the answers she needs. We had a big fight about it a few years back when I confronted her on her negativity. I usually I drop that type as a friend, it's so draining, But we have been friends for almost 40 years. I have learned to listen and just sigh to myself. The price of friendship.

I gave her my older model GPS for Christmas which i updated with the most recent maps. She called me last week to confirm to me how it didn't work and she was 1 hour late for her doctor's appointment. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. She will never change. I guess she thought I might find it an amusing story?

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I have the same freak out weight as you!!! also I had a friend like yours in highschool and we are no longer friends because I couldn't waste the energy and frustration it took to be around her. 40 years is a long time, though and at least she lives out of state...
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have a freak out weight or not. I lost successfully 10 years ago and this is honestly my first REAL attempt at losing weight again. I'm going to keep this in mind when I get close to my "goal weight"!

I have a lot of family who are "negative types" - NOT fun. I don't have enough patience for friends who are that way....when it comes to friends I figure I have a CHOICE to listen to it or not. People grow and change and so do friendships, imo. 40 years though...I guess that's pretty much family!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Same here. That's why I joined MFP when I realized that I weighed 147.6. My normal range is 120-130. Looking forward to getting back down there :)
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    SAME! With the freak out weight, although, I'm still losing, so its more or less the multiple of ten ABOVE my current weight. Right now its 150, but for the longest time it was 160. Hopefully soon it will be 140 =)

That sucks about your friend, you're a truly kind and and warm hearted person to stick it out, just make sure you don't do any emotional damage to yourself in the long run.
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Same here. That's why I joined MFP when I realized that I weighed 147.6. My normal range is 120-130. Looking forward to getting back down there :)

me and u on the same boat!
  • bizaggie07
    Options
    For many years, my 'freak out' weight was 170. Now, as I've started to lose weight, I made a promise to myself that I would lower my 'freak out' weight to 160... oddly enough, I'm at 157.5 right now. As I continue to go down, I'll lower my freak out weight to be 5 lbs higher than my current weight. Hopefully this will encourage me to not let my weight creep back up to where it used to be!
  • SBakaitis
    SBakaitis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    150 is my freak out weight as well. I can not seem to get under it. I come close and then either stay right there or gain a few back. 3 lbs away from it right now (on WW scale anyhow, just a few oz above on my scale at home). Just keep working at it and you'll be below that number before you realize it! And then you can tell me how you did it so I can get there too! :tongue:
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am exactly where you are right now. I tend to hover around 143-145... But a few weeks ago i started creeping up and up and I was consistenly at around 147-148. Thats when I logged back in here and have definitely made a commitment to get my weight back down!

As for the negative person in my life, that would be my sister! She's always been a little bigger than me but still in very good shape. She loves to run. She is getting ready to run her 13 marathon. Every time I even metion in front of her something about having a good work out or running 4 miles, she has to tell me how she ran 13 that day or has run over 50 for the week. I'm not sure what her issue is that she feels like she has to one up me all the time but it drives me crazy. I don't even mention working out in front of her any more!
  • jenners22
    jenners22 Posts: 91
    Options
    Wow, I am so messed up I guess. 150 is my GOAL weight! I am 265 pounds.