C25K NSV

Options
Third time's the charm! Finally made it thru all 8 weeks of the C25K app yesterday! Took about 12 weeks with taking a week off while on vacation and repeating a few days here and there. Tomorrow I'm going to start it over again so maybe I can keep up with my run crazy sister-in-law over Christmas!

Replies

• threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. Congrats! I'm confused though. Wouldn't you not want to start it all over again? Wouldn't you try to maintain the gain you've made at the end of the process? So if you are running for 30 minutes then you'd keep trying to run that long?
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    nhs do a graduate c25k program free on internet.
  • michmill98
    Options
    I'm starting it over to work on increasing my speed. Plus I've set two other personal goals - actually completing all 8 weeks again before Christmas and being able to somewhat keep up with my sister-in-law on the 3 mile run/jog into town the day after Christmas!

I still don't consider myself a runner - exercise mindset is still something I HAVE to do versus something I WANT to do. :smile: So for me, restarting the program seems like the best option - this way I have some structure, a deadline, and motivation for the end!
  • hal1968
    Options
    Funny, I finished C25K a few weeks ago and am in the same shoes you are: what next? I decided that I'd work on my speed too, since my "jog" is a 15 minute mile. I downloaded an interval timer app (30 seconds fast then 90 seconds slow right now) when I realized that this was week one of C25K! Now I'm thinking I'll run the "jog" parts and jog the "walk" parts.

If you find something better let us all know.
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Funny, I finished C25K a few weeks ago and am in the same shoes you are: what next? I decided that I'd work on my speed too, since my "jog" is a 15 minute mile. I downloaded an interval timer app (30 seconds fast then 90 seconds slow right now) when I realized that this was week one of C25K! Now I'm thinking I'll run the "jog" parts and jog the "walk" parts.

If you find something better let us all know.

I am on Week 4. Funny, but thats EXACTLY hat I was planning to do after I finish the course.!!
  • cathomer
    Options
    We did it as a group, got there, did 5k, then haven't done it since! We're now doing the two 10 minute runs again to get back up to where were were, some are going to do three lots of 10 minutes, I'm going to drop off after the first two until I feel I can do another again.
    I think that whilst we got there, a few of us would have benefited just going back to running 20-25 minutes again until we were feeling really comfortable with it. The idea of doing 5k all the time made me feel awful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!