Fitness Apps

Options
thebigcb
thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
What with MFP linking up with a certain number of fitness apps. What are the best ones? Just download Endomondo?

Its has a BPM counter on it? I assume you need a monitor to link into it ? The calorie counter is just an estimate, like any other one right?

Replies

• Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    just looked at the endomodo site and they do have a heart rate monitor belt which seems to integrate with the phone, its quite pricey was wondering if anybody had any experience with this and is it worth it?
  • tr33p1g
    tr33p1g Posts: 85
    Options
    I like the Endomondo app, although it does estimate the calories quite a bit higher than my Polar HRM. I have been wondering whether its worth it to get the iPhone compatible strap to save messing around altering calories etc. I'm happy with the Polar so haven't been bothered about upgrading but the new linking with MFP makes it tempting.
  • shanniebanannie73
    Options
    I'm loving the fitbit. Got mine from amazon.
  • spinnc
    spinnc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Been using MFP with the Fitbit for almost a year and love it. Fitbit just released two new models that sync with the phone instead of having to upload data through your pc or mac.

Just ordered a Mio Active Connect (there's an MFP 25% off promo code -MFPlaunch), and will let everyone know how that works out. I can't find any reviews for it anywhere, but I ordered it anyway. Someone has to test it out.
  • boogs82
    boogs82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use Run Keeper to track my runs and Gym Hero to track my workouts. Gym Hero interfaces with Run Keeper to keep track of everything. I use MFP to track my food but unfortunately right now it doesn't link up with the other two apps so I have to bring everything over manually. Which really doesn't cause me all that much grief. Maybe some day they'll all syn. Those are definitely my two favorite apps for fitness though.
  • Juneaux12
    Juneaux12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere (and I don't visit the forums here often!) but I bought a Mio Active Connect, and
    when I tried to link my MFP account with my new Mio and upload my data for the first time, I was given this error message:

"Currently the "Upload My Data" featured products will only connect with Windows, however we are presently working on Mac support. While we do not have an ETA just yet, please subscribe to our newsletter for the most recent updates. These will keep you informed on topics such as Mac support, new products, and promotional savings."

I really hope they get on the stick here and get something for the Mac users! I'm sure there are many of us out there... so this kind of sucks because now I can't upload my stuff through my home computer to MFP through my new Mio. >:(
  • Kimbles67
    Kimbles67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My Garmin HR readings are pretty accurate calories wise with Endomondo. Still cant get anything I load to show up in MFP though. Obviously I am being a bit dim on this :-)