50 pounds lost progress pics

Options
I have reached my goal weight of 170! Now comes the hard part; maintaining weight while building muscle. I focused mainly on cardio, but now I will add more strength training to my regiment. I plan on still using MFP to log calories, track workouts, and goof off with my friends in the forums (with the occassional supportive comment thrown in there too!)

Anyways, here's the pics. First one was around Oct 2009. Still took me 10 months or so to start running/dieting. My heaviest (about this pic) was around 220. I'm the one on the left, holding my niece for the first time, on my way to my first deployment in Afghanistan.

fat.jpg

And here's tonight's picture, at about 170. I knew the day was coming about 2 weeks ago, so I ordered my reward to myself; which I'm wearing here.

skinny.jpg

I start my new strength training tomorrow, but the next two weeks may prove to be difficult since I'm getting ready to move from Korea to Las Vegas. I will still get to the gym as often as I can though.

Feel free to add me. I plan on throwing up some more progress pics after more strength training and I get a little more brave.

Keep on fighting!

Cheers,
Jared

Replies

• BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Dang dude! Way to go! You look like a new man! :D
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Great job! I know these are cliche, but you don't look like the same person AND you look so much younger. WTG!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great.
  • SteveT59
    SteveT59 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great effort, it seems to have improved your eyesight too :-)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats on your weightloss!!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    nice work man!
  • no_kidding
    no_kidding Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dude.. You look GREAT!!!!
  • Yummamamma
    Yummamamma Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    you look like a whole new person!! you look great
  • svwalter
    Options
    Thank you so much for your service to this country!! The freedoms we have come from the brave men who fight for them. You look amazing also!!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! great job!
  • jefedesalto
    jefedesalto Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Not bad for a Chairforce guy.lol great work bro.
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    Thanks all for the support! @jefe -- I know, right! Although I've seen plenty of 'Army Strong' Gomer Pyles types running around out here in Korea.
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Amazing job Jared! Go Air Force!
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! You look great!
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job and as someone already said you look younger. Keep up the fantastic work.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    outstanding!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! I know what you mean when u say "I knew this day would come" You weigh and realize I did it, this is it... and smile!

Then its like, now what! :) Setting a new goal is great. Toning is next for me too, all I do is cardio.

Good luck to you :drinker:
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just here to say the thing everyone has bee saying; You look AWESOME!! And I agree that you look younger. Great job & keep up the great work. Also, thank you for protecting the USA.
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yay! Just wanted to add to all the compliments and say again.....You look GREAT & Way to go! =) Thanks for sharing!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Awesome job!!! You look younger and happier. Good luck in Vegas:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!