Breakfast Suggestions requested

Options
I'm struggling with what to eat for breakfast and looking for advise/suggestions. Generally, I eat my breakfast at my desk when I get to work. I can't eat eggs. I try to keep breakfast under 300 calories and have to have coffee with creamer in the total. For the longest time I have been having greek yogurt with fresh fruit and granola, but that is getting boring.

Thanks,

Replies

• rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    During the work week I eat a 6oz container of Carbmaster yogurt and a Weight Watchers string cheese....boring but it works for me!
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When I was working, I ate a lot of oameal...boring, but it works. Another suggestion...yogurt, or an english muffin...or slim fast. I like to monitor what my friends are eating...a great place to get some ideas.
  • jovonni1978
    jovonni1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually do the yogurt, fresh fruit and granola also. I keep a big container at work so I'll never have an excuse not to eat. However, today I'm having corned beef hash. Not too bad and I it's something that I enjoy and is quick to throw in the microwave.
  • martintanz
    Options
    Do you have to have creamer?
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Quaker has a Weight Management oatmeal that I LOVE. It's easy to just have at work - it's high in protein and I don't have to worry about prepping food for breakfast the previous day. It's about 180 calorie/packet, so it's way under your 300 calorie/meal.
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Quaker Multi Grain hot cereal with fresh blueberries or raspberries and silk.
  • doctorwhogirl
    doctorwhogirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oat bran with skimmed milk and a bit of sweetener and cinnamon.
    Much better than porridge in terms of protein and fibre content. And I prefer the taste too!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be breakfasty? I had a quinoa and tuna salad for my breakfast at my desk this morning - super nom - filling but felt really healthy :)
  • dragondawg
    Options
    Special K meal replacement ...170 calories

Quaker fruit and cream oatmeal (comes in several flavors...peaches & strawberries are my personal favorites): 130 calories when prepared with water.
  • christiandadrum
    Options
    Shredded wheat + semi skimmed milk + raisins = win
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look through my dairy. I often eat at my desk and I too want to keep breakfast under 300 with drinking my coffee and I have to have creamer. I end up having instant oatmeal a lot but sometimes that's not enough protein. I don't know if you have access to a microwave or hot water from a coffee maker like I do but feel free to sneak a peek.
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have cottage cheese with some grapes mixed in. Great source of protein.
  • Code7526
    Options
    Breafast: Big Bowl of oats with milk but no sugar.

Snack: 1 fruit

Lunch: Protein(eggs,skinless chicken,tuna, or chickpeas) + salad

Snack: 1 fruit

Supper: Protein(eggs,skinless chicken, tuna or chickpeas) + dark green vegetables

Drink 2 litres of water a day
    No refined sugar in any form
    No refined carbs
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I eat at my desk every day too... if I use the single serve creamers i think theyre only like 10-20 cals each so thats not too bad for getting my fix. As far as food, i alternate between oatmeal and yogurt, whole wheat english muffin with a smidge of lowfat peanut butter and a banana, or lunchmeat with string cheese and a few nuts.
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Put porridge oats and some raisins in a vacuum flask and add boiling water before you leave for work. When you get to work it should be ready to eat!
  • jackiefalch
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Quaker has a Weight Management oatmeal that I LOVE. It's easy to just have at work - it's high in protein and I don't have to worry about prepping food for breakfast the previous day. It's about 180 calorie/packet, so it's way under your 300 calorie/meal.

I love it to, I like mine made with almond milk for he calcium boost :)
  • vickieblair
    vickieblair Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I made some mini spniach quiches yesterday for the week. Lots of veggies and protien - 246 calories. I only live a couple minutes from work so I warmed it up and ate it as soon as I got to work. Could "nuke" it too. It kept me full until lunch! Eggs, spinach, peppers, onion, low fat cottage cheese, 2% cheddar cheese. YUM
  • Kaiukas
    Kaiukas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I come from a culture that has a saying 'Eat your breakfast yourself, share your lunch with your friend, give your dinner to your enemy' :-) I believe there is a similar saying in English too.

I really do have quite a hearty breakfasts: a few rye crackers with hummus and tomato/bell pepper/rocket; low fat natural yogurt with berries (raspberries, blueberries and blackberries) and flaked almonds. And usually a lovely little piece of 70% chocolate to end it all on an extra lovely note. Yummy! It comes to 500 kcal. But I so love to start a day feeling full of energy.

My net calories come to 1200 kcal (I eat back all my exercise calories that are between 400-800 kcal daily).
  • aprilakajoy
    aprilakajoy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I read a book with a great eating regime. I have a semi-shake for breakfast. I add to my blender - 8oz. water, 6 strawberries, 1 tsp of flaxseed oil. Blend until all liquid. Lastly add 1 scoop of whey protein oil. Blend until mixed well.

Shake Calories: 217