New to MyFitnessPal, not so new to weight loss (with pics)

Options
Hi guys!

I just posted in the Success Stories forum telling my story a little bit and how I got to where I am. I recently joined MFP because I just wasn't happy with the tracker I was using before (not enough forum activity!).

Short Version: I am a 21 year old university student, studying B Sc Nutrition (dietetics). I have always, always, always been overweight, I started getting serious about weight loss at the end of February, when I was at my highest ever weight of 242lbs (at 5'9) and I am currently sitting 50 lbs lighter, and I do not remember at all when I weighed this before, I want to guess it was middle school!!
I still have about 30-40 pounds to go, and I'd love to meet some people with similar goals or experiences (or anybody at all)!

-Amelia

timelineu.jpg
This picture is me at my highest weight ~242, in July at about ~215, and September at ~200

Replies

• Grenon
    Grenon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow welcome to MyFitnessPal and your progress so far is great! You hard work is definitely paying off. Keep up the great work! :)
  • SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful transformation, you're looking great!
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks, looking forward to the rest of this journey!
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS!
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    Hi guys!

I just posted in the Success Stories forum telling my story a little bit and how I got to where I am. I recently joined MFP because I just wasn't happy with the tracker I was using before (not enough forum activity!).

Short Version: I am a 21 year old university student, studying B Sc Nutrition (dietetics). I have always, always, always been overweight, I started getting serious about weight loss at the end of February, when I was at my highest ever weight of 242lbs (at 5'9) and I am currently sitting 50 lbs lighter, and I do not remember at all when I weighed this before, I want to guess it was middle school!!
    I still have about 30-40 pounds to go, and I'd love to meet some people with similar goals or experiences (or anybody at all)!

-Amelia

timelineu.jpg
    This picture is me at my highest weight ~242, in July at about ~215, and September at ~200

wow!! awesome grt work :flowerforyou:
  • mag104
    mag104 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look great and so pretty xx
  • DrAli1
    DrAli1 Posts: 3
    Options
    great job ,,, u look amazing ;) keep it up ... cheers!! :D
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You look FAB! Great work. And what a great ambassador for your chosen profession. At leat you can say you practice what you preach, lol. Thanks for posting. :flowerforyou:
  • jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    your looking great and doing awesome!!! me and you have very similar goals and are about the same age!!! keep it going girl! :bigsmile:
  • Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! you look amazing :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! And when you leave school, you can tell people that you actually KNOW what you are talking about.

And you look great!! Welcome to MFP.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Looking good! So many people gain weight in college, good for you for losing!
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    We have similar goals as well. I'm 5'9" and am currently 184.4. I've finally gotten serious about this and starting doing something instead of wishing. My ultimate goal is around 155. Feel free to friend me if you want. Thanks, Karen
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome you look great! Congrats on your weight loss so far! Im sending you a friend request :)
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome job so far! We are about the same height (I'm 5'8 3/4", ha ha!) and have similiar goals so I'm sending you a friend request, if you don't mind. :)
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Although I have a few years on ya (I'm 41), our goals are pretty similar. I started my journey at 221.5 and have lost 64 lbs to date. I am shooting to get down to at least 150lbs, although I am realistically going to go to 140lbs as I am really happy with the amount of energy and esteem I have gained. Best of luck to you!!! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!
  • mollyvon
    mollyvon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look super cute in each of these pics. Good luck on your journey. You are doing a terrific job making your way to a healthier you :)
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!

Great way to start my Monday!