Hungry Girl to the Max

Options
allifantastical
allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
Just bought this today for my kindle.

What are your favorite hungry girl recipes I should try?

Replies

• allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    bump bump bumpity bump
  • jcatal02
    Options
    what does bump mean?
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    bump is what people post when they want their post "bumped" back to the top of the list for attention.
  • Paixnidiara4180
    Paixnidiara4180 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of buying it today. If I do buy it, I might try the Julie and Julia challenge. Make every recipes from that book or make a breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipe from that book each day or I should say on Sunday and have ready for the week, depending on the recipe. What do you guys think about that idea? I love to cook, so I have no problem making the recipes, only problem is I will be cooking for myself and not the entire family. LOL!!!!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I made her pumpkin bread and it was delicious! I was disappointed she would advise to use splenda, I used zsweet instead.
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1137
  • ddwin
    ddwin Posts: 78
    Options
    I use the 300 under 300 book... the Lasagna Cupcakes are awesome! And ffreeze very well for a quick meal on the go. The Cheesy Chicken Enchilladas are good, the Baked Ziti one... to be honest, the only one that I tried that wasn't very good (could very well have been my fault) was the baked beans one. All the others have been a hit with me and my young daughter.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    bump is what people post when they want their post "bumped" back to the top of the list for attention.

good to know! LOL I always thought people just responded with "bump" when they wanted to add it to "My Topics" for easier access later on!! Lol
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    But I don't get the point of that, post something to the thread like "thanks for the replies, keep them coming" not a stupid bump, especially when the thread is already on page 1 so it's still at the "top" of the message board.
  • lithiumkat
    Options
    I bought the paperback version recently as well :) So far I've only tried a few (and I've usually made ever so slight modifications) but the one's I've made and enjoyed were the classic egg mug, the maple bacon oatmeal bowl, and the pepperoni pizza on english muffin (whatever it was called) and I made a twist up of that and the pizzas made on a tortilla and made a pepperoni pizza on a smallish high fiber la tortilla factory tortilla. Everything I've made so far has been great, has given me ideas for things I can do to make it my own and still keep it low cal and delicious and have been simple to make and relatively inexpensive to buy ingredients for. But I haven't tried any of the more complicated ones yet. I'm usually just trying to cook something simple, fast, and satisfying for myself. I live with the folks as I'm going to college and they generally make their own stuff.
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Santa brought it to me for Christmas!!!! Cannot WAIT to try it! I wanna try all the foil packs! And I'm going to adapt the pancake recipes to waffle recipes because I don't like pancakes and just got a waffle maker for Christmas!

ETA: I wanna try the foil packs with edits -- I don't eat meat, so I'm going to be adapting quite a few!
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options

In this case it appears that way. It Does bump it back to the top, but some people bump things so that they can have it their topics so that they can follow it.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have all of HG's books and like them all.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Just bought this today for my kindle. What are your favorite hungry girl recipes I should try?

Got the Hungry Girl Survival Guide. Basically, the book talks about what's found in the supermarket and what the good stuff is.

I've also noticed that two of the local supermarkets have changed the layouts considerably. One of the good changes is that the produce section is now readily visible as soon as you walk in.
  • FeiFeiKara
    Options
    I love her Gooey-Good German Chocolate Cupcakes~
  • superdeedooper
    superdeedooper Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites...

Upside-Down Pineapple-Applesauce Cake

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/just-desserts-upside-down-pineapple-applesauce-cake-recipe
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Just tried her egg in a mug recipe. It was yum, but sooooo not filling. I made some type of bacon breakfast bowl for my husband and he was still starving afterwards. So, the recipes are very tasty, but don't seem to be very filling by themselves.
  • slatch10
    Options
    I just got it for Christmas too! Pretty pumped!
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I got the Hungry Girl 300 under 300 book for Christmas and I have already made 3 things from it :D I loooove it!!

I've made the S'mores Oatmeal, which was really good and the best part was that it was very FILLING.

I also made BLT pizza which was delicious as an appetizer-like snack thing, and my mom and brother both loved it. And finally I made the EZ Cheesy Tostada which was super easy (obviously) and delicious! I'm so excited to go through and make everything in the book! I already have like 15 recipes bookmarked :D
  • karabasik
    karabasik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump