LOOSE SKIN: NSV or Curse???

Options
lilpoindexter
lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
I'm a 5' 11" man...I was 250-255 before, Today I was 204...I will hit my goal of 199 for the year, way before the year end.
I had heard lots of stories of loose skin, but I thought that was only a problem for the ladies.
I wondered why I felt fatter the lighter I got, but couldn't figure it out...
Then I looked at my stomach...what used to look like male pregnancy now looks like a deflated inner tube...It's a big flap that hangs on the top and sides of my belt...AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

I had some bouts of loose skin during my weight loss journey, but it seems to have tightened up by itself with time. Hopefully this will tighten up a little, but I doubt it will go completely flat.

I was going to post pictures, but I realize some of you haven't eaten dinner.

Replies

• Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your success so far....amazing job! Secondly, it will get better over time(DH has had exact same experience as you). But there will be some residual. Think of it as a badge of success. I promise you... Women will love your new self and it will not discourage us from getting cozy.. We moms are used to this more than you never pregnant guys, and we'd all prefer not to have our flaps, but it's a small price to pay to be the new slimmer you. Bottom line: NSV for sure!
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It gets better with time. Skin is a huge organ and will take about 2-3 years to resize. You will continue feeling awesome throughout! Congrats and all the best for your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • SallyT1959
    Options
    I would rather have the loose skin than the belly :) Much healthier too and that's what it's about...
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can tell my obese man shape , overhang , roll is smaller but also looser.

I look forward to the day I lose the loose skin.

cant wait to see it happen, but I know it will be LONG after I am fit and trim.
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would rather have the loose skin than the belly :) Much healthier too and that's what it's about...

me too!
  • allsetnow
    Options
    Loose skin is definitely way better than the fat, but I must admit it's still a bummer. I lost 45 pounds since February, going from a US size 10-12 to a 2 petite. I was never obese, but I weigh less now than I have in probably 30+ years (though definitely in the healthy range). And I have A LOT of loose skin, everywhere. Not to get too graphic, but parts of me remind me of s Shar pei. I feel so much better at my new weight, and think I look a lot better, but only when I have clothes on. I am a little embarrassed otherwise, and it sort of bums me out because one of the (many) perks of losing the weight was supposed to be feeling more comfortable in my skin. I am hoping that continued exercise (which I have been doing religiously from the beginning and which definitely improved my shape, but not necessarily the loose skin) and time tone things up. But I am afraid that at my age (52) things will not just spring right back to where they are supposed to be...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!