Coffee Creamer

Options

Replies

• elleru
    elleru Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I prefer my coffee black, but here's an idea. Use your regular non-flavored creamer, and then add a sugar-free flavored syrup like Torani. They have lots of flavors and you can order on-line. I get them for my mother in-law at Cash n Carry. Use it to make sugar-free Italian sodas as well.

www.torani.com
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Silk Vanilla Milk
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Yep...I have like 10 flavors of sugar free Toriani syrups and I add regular half n half. I drink one big coffee every day and total calories is usually under 100. It's the only thing I can't give up.

My fav coffeemate is sugar free Carmel macchiato.

I do have to add real cream or half n half to any sugar free stuff though or it just tastes wrong to me. Something about the fat in it kills the sugar free taste.

Considering I used to drink half a full sugar/full fat jug of hazelnut creamer with my whole pot of coffee every day....I'm doing good. Lol
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I get angry when people make their coffee super creamy and super sweet. I know, I have anger issues. I don't know why it makes me so mad. But, it really seriously pisses me off. I get visibly angry about it. Lol. It's stupid, I know. Anyways, I just pour a dab of non fat milk into my coffee just to take the edge off. I used to drink coffee black, and then discovered I like a small dab of non fat milk. But, people who do the French vanilla creamers and all that, and then if they add sugar, or even worse, fake sugar, OMG, I have to leave the room or I'll scream profanities. Lol. True story!

I have issues.
  • InTenn
    InTenn Posts: 99
    Options
    Keep an eye out for CoffeeMate SUGAR FREE Creamy Chocolate. 30 calories per serving, but I use 1/2 serving in a pretty big cup. That is half the calories of the regular Creamy Chocolate creamer. It is brand new here, and I only find it on the shelf occasionally along with the other creamers. Other sugar frees include Hazelnut and Vanilla Carmel.

I have found that if using a small amount doesn't give you the flavor you like, try adding 1/2 tsp of sugar free sweetner. Fewer calories than using more creamer.
  • againagain
    againagain Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If there is a World Market near you, they sell a lot of Torani syrups, including sugar free ones. If you like pumpkin/gingerbread type stuff you could probably make it at home using spices + half and half and sweetner. Those commercial coffee creamers scare me though, they have 4,000 ingredients, only 2 of which I recognize as food.
  • InTenn
    InTenn Posts: 99
    Options
    I get angry when people make their coffee super creamy and super sweet. I know, I have anger issues. I don't know why it makes me so mad. But, it really seriously pisses me off. I get visibly angry about it. Lol. It's stupid, I know. Anyways, I just pour a dab of non fat milk into my coffee just to take the edge off. I used to drink coffee black, and then discovered I like a small dab of non fat milk. But, people who do the French vanilla creamers and all that, and then if they add sugar, or even worse, fake sugar, OMG, I have to leave the room or I'll scream profanities. Lol. True story!

I have issues.

Then again, some people should just stay away from coffee completely :)
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bailey's Irish Cream. It's got a bunch of sugar and calories but you won't care after a few cups.
  • lisa640
    Options
    I just purchased (at Target) Pepperment Mocha and Carmel macchiato in sugar free, by coffemate.
  • kmfussell
    kmfussell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla almond milk with a bit of brown sugar, cinnamon, and pure vanilla. It's the best coffee ever and only about 50-60 cals a cup
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I prefer my coffee black, but here's an idea. Use your regular non-flavored creamer, and then add a sugar-free flavored syrup like Torani. They have lots of flavors and you can order on-line. I get them for my mother in-law at Cash n Carry. Use it to make sugar-free Italian sodas as well.

www.torani.com

Can add to oatmeal and hot chocolates too :)
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Coffee mate has a Sugar Free Pumpkin spice. I think they also have a sugar free peppermint. Of course, these are seasonal items.
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I wish we had sugar free creamers here. For some reason there aren't any up in Canada. So I usually use Fat Free French Vanilla.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Both International Delights and Coffee Mate make flavored creamers. The ID comes either in boxed, shelf stable single tubs or refrigerated pourable liquid. The Coffee Mate comes in either refrigerated liquid or powdered.

The ID flavors include Almond Joy, Peppermint Patty, Caramel (etc.) and the Coffee Mate includes Caramel Macchiato and Creamy Chocolate among others. Fair warning on the sweeteners used though. If you're one of the people who doesn't taste sucralose (Splenda) as being sweet you'll still have to add sweetener. :grumble:
  • mlcastle
    Options
    Coffee whitener/creamers = chemical/hydrogenated oil junk. "sugar-free" = chemically sweetened garbage. Just sayin.
  • mmimmi1
    mmimmi1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I LOVE creamer, but I decided it's not worth all the calories every morning... so now I buy flavored coffee and use half and half or 1% milk.
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use Silk Vanilla and / or Bolthouse Mocha Cappuccino
  • Sheena0323
    Sheena0323 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used to use creamer with my coffee ALL the time. I had a friend go to black coffee and encouraged me to do so too! So, after two weeks of getting through black coffee I know perfer it. It honestly took me TWO weeks though to get over needing the sweetened flavors. It is so worth it in the end because look at all of those wasted calories on creamer. Good luck!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

I have issues.

Good point. Lol.
  • live2love2012
    Options

I have issues.

Good point. Lol.

Ha! :drinker: