Edinurgh Marathon

Options
Hi Everyone, I am new to myfitnesspal. I have just signed upfor my first ever marathon in Edinburgh in May 2013. I am looking o chat to likeminded individuals particularly anyon who is willing to sar training and mtivationa advice. Thanks. Kim

Replies

• debzmenz
    Options
    Hi Kim.

Are you doing the half marathon or full marathon? - I have never run either before but determined to complete it.

My training has not gone well for the past 2 months due to injuries to my knees and moving house.... however I went running on saturday and even though I had to ice my knees lots for the past two days I felt better so going running tomorrow morning... I have an eating plan and exercise plan that I try to stick too, I have noticed more toning up than anything else.

I would definitely advice to eat banana on toast within an hours of running, it makes a huge difference if you eat it daily after running, apparently its even better if you have it with honey too - but I hate honey.

If you want help with anything please feel free to contact me anytime. xx
  • Kimwalker12
    Options
    Hi Debz

Great to hear from you. My family think that Ihave gone mad - I have signed up for the full marathon. Iam looking forward to it and also a little scared. I have been trying to train more but not easy when life is so busy. My goal is to be able to run half marathon distance by Christmas; currently at 6 miles.

Thanks for your advice on the banana on toast. I wil gve this a go as I do feel my energy dropping the further I go.

Best wishes

Kim
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Kim,

Welcome to MFP.

I am also training to run my first marathon in May 2013. I started running with a C25K program in January of 2012, and ran my first half marathon on September 8th. If you are running 6 miles already, I think a half by Christmas is very doable.

If you are at that point by Christmas, then I think (hope) 26.2 miles by May is doable as well.

Have you selected a training plan to work with yet? It is really a good idea to find a training plan that you can work with to help guide you along the way.

Ted
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, you are welcome to add me. I've done 4 marathons this year. It is an incredible journey, enjoy every single step.