no weight loss

Options
It's been a week..the weighing machine isn't budging. I'm on day 10 of 30 ds. Taking in 1000-1200 cal/day. Is this normal? I started at 117.5 now 116 but for the last one week i'm stuck. Any thoughts?

Replies

• rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yoy should be eating a minimum of 1,200 calories a day.
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    Yoy should be eating a minimum of 1,200 calories a day.

^^^this plus are you measuring yourself, some weeks i dont lose weight or gain but i lose inches that week, possibly its water weight from too much sodium or your building muscle which weighs more than fat
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    You dont say your height but im thinking anyone weighing 116 lbs is light enough anyway unless you are 4 ft tall! You are esting much too little!
  • CandyBryson
    CandyBryson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes to what everyone said. When you don't eat enough your body panics and goes into starvation mode, which slows your metabolism WAY down and makes it very hard to loose weight. Also unless you are really really short, I think you should focus more on toning muscle than loosing weight.
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    If your body fat % is low to start off with, you can't burn fat that you don't have, so make sure that your goals are realistic. Rather than focusing on a number on the scale, maybe do measurements, decide if you want to tone somewhere etc.

Also, your calorie intake seems really, really low - your body needs energy to fuel all this exercise you are doing (from my understanding, 30DS isn't exactly a walk in the park) and you also need energy to burn energy, otherwise your body will just hang on to everything it's got.

Lastly, if you don't have much fat to burn and you are building quite a bit of muscle, then it's likely that the scale won't budge.

Be careful with using a figure on the scale to define your body.
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 started @ 118lbs. I did not loose any weight until I hit the 4 week mark. Then I went from 116-106 lossing about 1pound a week. I will say eat at least 1200 cals of good food + exercise calories and be very patient. Don't get discourrage. I promise it will be worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!