Birthday party

Options
I'm going to a birthday party this weekend and their is going to have tons of food their. I've been doing so good on my diet. I don't know what to with all this food around me? What would you do if you where their?

Replies

• casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a birthday party this weekend and their is going to have tons of food their. I've been doing so good on my diet. I don't know what to with all this food around me? What would you do if you where their?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    eat before you go so you wont be hungry, if you MUST have something at the party, make it a small slice of cake. that way you're celebrating but you're not overdoing it. Nobody will be offended, just explain that you are trying to make healthy choices :) if they have fruit and veggie platters, lean towards those. good luck, you can do it :drinker:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Hit the gym that morning for perhaps longer than usual then have fun! :drinker: Just don't go back for seconds (or thirds... :tongue: ) on the cake... dont pick a corner because it has more frosting, and maybe pick the vanilla ice cream instead of the kind with the calorie laden goodies in it... Skip the pop or beer and drink several glasses of water - you can cut out 400-900 calories in beverages alone! Mingle because you will burn more calories moving around than sitting on the couch... and you are less likely to eat more if you have to carry your plate around!

You're on a diet - you are not NOT allowed to eat good food! I don't consider these "cheat days" because my idea of diet does not mean cut out EVERYTHING! Just pick healtier choices overall and still allow yourself to enjoy! - The key is... if you are going to have your cake - enjoy it! No use in feeling guilty about it and think you are cheating! If you are going to eat the cake and feel depressed or guilty about it the whole time you may as well skip the cake and feel deprived - same unhappy ending! Or, you can eat it and be HAPPY! :smile: Just don't go overboard! (Coming from a gal who can wipe out a whole pan of sweet rolls in 20 minutes! I still eat occasional sweet rolls but only one!... or two :smile: )
  • julara
    julara Posts: 9
    Options
    what works for me is

> eating right before you go
    > drinking water instead of soda/alcoholic drinks
    > working out prior to the event
    > forgive yourself if you happen to take a bite of cake/ice cream or any yummy goodness
    > the day after drink a ton of water, get right back into the routine ....

> number one thing ENJOY yourself at the party, its a time to celebrate and connect with friends.

You can do it, have fun!
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I did do things I shouldn't have but I didn't over do it.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Good job! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: