Three months of MFP and exercise - B&A photo!

Options
Today, I jumped on the scale and was alarmed that I had gained three pounds in a matter of a few days. So I decided to find a "before" pic and take an "after" pic, even though I'm only a few months into my journey (and still have a long way to go). I wanted to show a picture that highlights my body. The bike shorts and shirt are tight, so you can see all aspects of my curves.

Aug2NovDates.jpg

The before photo (on the left) is from a Crank n' Drank event, where we went wine tasting on a long bike ride though the hills of California. I'm holding up a trophy that basically says I kick *kitten* at biking and drinking. Yes, I did athletic group activities BEFORE I lost the weight - do NOT use your weight as an excuse for living life! I repeat - do what you want today, not tomorrow!

In the after photo (on the right), I am wearing the same bike shorts and shirt. But I am...

...5' 6" in height (that doesn't change..I hope..)
...18 pounds lighter (246.5-228.5)
...3 pant sizes smaller (20W-14W)
...2-3 shirt sizes smaller (XXL-L/M)
...stronger and have a LOT more energy!

As for food: I track everything that I eat, including diet drinks and water. I do not use any diet program. I do not rule out any foods. I still eat everything that I used to, but I eat more at home and less out. I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day, and I snack as I need. I make my lunch for work the night before, so that I do not have excuses in the morning. I have a couple Luna bars and healthy snacks at my work desk in the event I'm running late or forget breakfast.

As for exercise: I started out doing Zumba DVDs for 20 minutes/2-3 days a week. I progressed (slowly) to 80 minutes of Zumba/5-6 days a week. Then I started taking a 60-minute Zumba class 1 day a week and switched to Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Level 1/5-7 days a week. I have just started Level 2. It's kicking my butt. After about 2 months, I bought myself a Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor to better track my workouts and strenuous activities. I love it.

If you are just starting out, here's some eye-openers.

1) I still hate getting up early. I'm not a morning person-this hasn't changed much. Maybe it will as I continue to get healthier.
2) I enjoy exercise now. It took me three months to really get the vibe of enjoying exercise. Three months - keep that in mind as you begin your journey.
3) I found that when I was hungry and wanted to binge, I would get nasty headaches. If you're just starting out and need to shrink your tummy, start by just logging - not actively changing your diet. That's how I started. Also, ibuprofen is your friend (unless you can't take it for medical reasons).
4) I still drink diet sodas. If you like soda but want to wean yourself away from the stuff, try flavored seltzers or seltzer water with lime juice. Yummy! I prefer the "natural" stuff.
5) My boobs have not shrunk. But if you are a girl, chances are yours will. I'm sorry.
6) It takes time. If you are consistent with your logging and exercise, you will do well. Use the forums on MFP as a motivator. If you are having a downer of a day, I suggest cuteoverload.com. Visiting that blog will do you wonders- unless you hate animals. Which is kind of weird.

Replies

• banks89202
    Options
    AAAMMMAAAZIIINNG!!! Such a good job !!!

( Me and you are twins right now we both have 79lbs to go!!)
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Well Done!!!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You look great!! How tall are you?
  • WolfPackFan13
    WolfPackFan13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job. I can't believe that is only 3 months.
  • tadnor
    tadnor Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look great!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You are doing such an amazing job! 3 lbs is probably water weight or something, and I am sure you will be able to get it right back off! Keep up the good work. Just my opinion, but it looks like you have lost a lot more than 18 lbs. You look great!
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic change in only 3 months, well done. You have clearly made some great changes to your lifestyle and I am sure that you will achieve your 79lbs goal! :smile:
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    You look great!! How tall are you?

I am 5'6"- I edited my post to reflect this. :)
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing great!! I like that you are taking a healthy lifestyle change approach!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Keep up the hard work! It's paying off :wink:
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Fabulous Doll!!! Congrats!!
  • chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome!! Your eyeopeners made me laugh!!! :laugh:
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You look great. I love all of the pointers you give to the newbies. They are all on point. Here's to continued success on your transformation journey :flowerforyou:
  • mikmurphy
    mikmurphy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look great!
    #5 has happened to me :-(
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    you look great and although I'm no beginner on this journey I'm thankful for the advice, for it always helps to know that I'm not alone on this journey and that someone else knows what I'm going through... Thanks for sharing!
  • mwgner
    mwgner Posts: 115
    Options
    You look phenomenal. Such amazing progress. You are great motivation, I want to see results like this.
  • viccigb
    viccigb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words everyone! :-)
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    u look GREAT!!! uve done a fantastic job..and hey looks like u kept ur boobs! mine ASLWAYS go down! :(
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Terrific job and good advice too for those starting out :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!