Skinny B**** (the book!)

Options
Has anyone read it? I'm thinking about buying it... opinions?

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Unless you are totally into being a Vegan, I wouldn't bother. I bought the book and since it is written by vegans they really push that.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    If you like a verbally abusive tone complete with lots of profanity and very, very graphic descriptions of slaughterhouse animal abuse, then go for it. As far as useful nutrition info and credentials, not so much.

Sorry to be so snarky, but the book really pisses me off. It's essentially a starvation vegan diet push that says junk/processed food is OK if it's from a health food store and not soda.

Just MHO.

HTH.

p.s. I'm not against veganism.
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    Agree with the previous responses. Read it, didn't care for it.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Ive read it and I thought it was histerical. I did not mind the rudeness of the book and I thought it was very interesting.

It is veryyyyy opinionated and definitely pushes the whole vegan thing
  • mt130022
    mt130022 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I, too, have read it. The offensiveness didn't bother me as much as the constant references to vegetarian being the only way to be a Skinny B!%(#.
  • slimgym10
    slimgym10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I read it as well...It was comical and gross at the same time. There is nothing in it that you probably do not know already and it really pushed the vegan way as the only way to become a skinny b.
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    we have it at our library.. i suggest you check out your library and if you like it then buy it i checked out some cookbooks and if i really liked them i went and bought them :)
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    I would try a different book. It's called Secrets of a Former Fat Girl. It's a great book. Doesn't talk about diet gimmicks or any fad diets. Just the down and dirty of getting healthy and how to do it for yourself. It's by Lisa Delaney. If you aren't into spending money, check out the local library. Hope this helps. I have recommended it highly to others on the site. Good luck!
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: I did buy the book and tried to follow the diet as much as possible and did lose weight but it is very hard to adhere to. It is strickly vegan diet and I REFUSE to give up my skim milk or cheese! :smile:
  • noseovertail
    Options
    I love that book. I actually appreciated the no bullsh*t tone a lot.
  • caityjean
    caityjean Posts: 40
    Options
    I know I wouldn't have an issue with the tone, but if all it does it promote veganism then it's really not worth my time because that is NEVER happening. Haha. I didn't know if the authors were just as no-nonsense about other weight loss advice as well.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Yeah I didn't care for the book either. I :heart: me some meat!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rcbulmer219
    Options
    My wife and I want our money back. Trash. Catchy title and obtruse language got them to sell a few books. One we enjoyed and got alot of fun reciepes out of was "The Bikini Beach Diet." It teaches more how to eat wholesome and for life. We don't follow it exactly but we do follow it's principle and have has great success!