Hello Everyone!

Options
I'm Ashley from Texas and I have been doing fad diets since I was a teenager. I'v been overweight basically since birth and am absolutely sick of it. I'm 25 now and have a 6 year old daughter who now worries she will be fat when she grows up, and it's heartbreaking that I feel like I'm giving my very young daughter a weight complex when there is no need for her to be thinking such things.
I started really losing weight 4 months ago at 300.4 lbs by exercising (cardio) and eating right and keeping it under 1200 calories. About two weeks ago I hit a plateau at 269 lbs. My mother in law suggested that we download this app together and try it out. I absolutely LOVE it! I'v already dropped 2 more lbs since getting the app last week!
I'd love some new friends and a support network with people I know are going through the same thing.

Replies

• kookeepup
    Options
    Hi Ashley and welcome to MFP! I'm glad that you and your mother-in-law found this app. When I found this app, I was about 175lbs. I had never really tried to do anything about my weight until just recently. But the great thing about this is it had helped me to slowly lose the unwanted weight safely and in a healthy manner. Just be patient and the pounds will come off. There will be good days and bad but that's all part of the process. Feel free to add me if you wish and I'd be more than glad to help cheer you on your success and cheer you up on days when you hit a speed bump along the way. Also, you might want to open up your diary so that we can take a look at all the goodies you have throughout the day. This helps so that people who view your diary can give you advice if there's something better as substitute.
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • akmett
    akmett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like...I lost 40 lbs and have been stuck for 2 months. I could use some fresh (mutual) support.