Serial dieter but (fairly) new to this!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I was recommended this app 8 weeks ago now and I've lost 20lbs quite painlessly. I'm impressed because for the first time ever on a healthy eating plan (what diet?) I feel motivated to exercise and 'buy' myself more calories for danger days - so much so that I've also bought a Fitbit as a treat for my weight loss so far and between the two apps I'm finding myself parking furthest away from the door at the supermarket and running up stairs instead of using the lift - now that probably doesn't sound much to most people but for me it's major!

I have over 200lbs to lose - well no, it's down to 196lb now so there's a loooong way to go and I'd like to have some friends to share the journey with. I'm in Northamptonshire in the UK, I'm a 51 year old very proud Granny of 3 beautiful babies, I work sitting in front of a computer and (used to) spend most of my life sitting down.

I cut my caffeine down last November, stopped smoking in January and started tackling my weight in September, the theory being that once I'm thin I'll be perfect ;-)

I've done every diet known to man (well almost!) and 6 years ago I lost 200lbs in 12 months on a very low calorie diet but then proceeded to put it all back on, no exercise and no lessons in controlling my food intake so I suppose it was bound to happen but it did teach me that losing 200lbs is possible and gave me a taste of life as a 'normal' person so I'm here now to do it sensibly and FOREVER!!

I love reading everyone's stories so I'll be pleased to hear from you!

WG x

Replies

• Orchidgirl87
    Orchidgirl87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am very motivated by your topic and story! I too have found myself being more motivated to go to the gym :). I would love to be one of your new freinds on MFP!

Have a great week.

-Jen
  • kookeepup
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I would love to be your friends as well so add me if you wish. MFP has taught me to become more aware of what I eat throughout the day. I've lost 7 lbs and have a few more to go but I found this experience to be painless. I like that I can lose the unwanted weight safely and in a healthy manner. I've had bad days but I've always had people cheer me up and this helps a great deal. Good luck to us and hope you're having a great day! :flowerforyou: