Weight loss BLOGS!!!

Options
Is that YOU?

Hi Fellow Food Lovers,

My name is Liz and I'm always searching the interwebs for fellow foodies - do you blog about weight loss, food, recipes? Would love to take a look. I blog over at OneTwentyFive.Tumblr.com (or 125.MSN.CA), and am new to MFP, but REALLY looking forward to it!

My quick story is this: I lost a bunch (50 pounds yo) of weight, ran a few marathons, got fit and got my food under control, and then BAM! In about 8 months I gained nearly 30 pounds back!!! I used to think like this: http://125.msn.ca/post/4584261288/so-you-wanna-lose-weight, but I swear reading that post is like reading someone else's words. I'm looking for motivation - help! :)

Thanks so much,

Liz

Replies

• monkeyriley
    monkeyriley Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    First off, welcome! I actually stumbled across your blog via the posts here. I like how you put it all out there. It is truly inspiring. I also think it is super cool that how I struggle with my internal dialog, you do also, but very much more extroverted manner. To cap that off, I just read about you having dealing with haters; that sucks.

So, aside from your blog, I find inspiration mainly from reading in the 'Success Stories' part of MFP. I do this every morning for about fifteen minutes. I find that is where people are a truly honest about their accomplishments. I find it to be a little female dominated, but whatever. It is there I see Joe and Josephine Average post their accomplishments because not everyone has the hutzpah to have a blog.

I tend to see inspiration is everywhere, sometimes seeing positive aspects in yourself is the hard part; I know that is the case for me.

Good luck training for your half!
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I blog most of my weight loss success of faily stories here on MFP. I have a blog at: thespicymermaid.com, but there's not to much MFP deals on there... don't know why...

Anyways, I'm always looking for positive people (MFP and IRL)!! Mind if I add you?
  • thebigsevenfive
    Options
    I have a weight loss and bulimia recovery blog that I actually started after discovering yours. You are a true inspiration, Liz. If you want to check mine out it's www.thebigsevenfive.tumblr.com ... I'm already following your Tumblr! <3

Stay strong!
  • crabbyab90
    crabbyab90 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just started blogging again :) this one is just for my diet/weight loss process. Its flabulesstofabulous.wordpress.com
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Great post!

I love reading the success stories here and I am excited to one day post my own. In the meantime, I am blogging about the journey at www.catchlightphotography.blog.com. So far I have only blogged about the start of the journey, but I'll be updating regularly.

I'm looking forward to reading the other blogs listed here!
  • byebyebs
    Options
    I have a blog i just started.
    It's byebyebull****.wordpress.com.
    I'm a little scared of it being public and all my stuff being out there, but it is!
    Hopefully it will keep me accountable :)
  • byebyebs
    Options
    hahahaha it starred out the SH word...but that's the URL.
    What can I say, it's time for me to let go of my bullshi*t.

Don't mean to offend anyone with the cursing :)
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I blog about a bunch of things but predominantly food lately, depends on my mood. URL's on my profile.
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    Wow! You can definitely turn it around after you did it last time - we're all here to help you!
    If you're keen to read my blog, my gf and I just started a facebook page to share our MFP successes and stay motivated to lose what is left (and then maintain it). Today we launched a "10 week challenge" as there is just 70 days until Xmas!

www.facebook.com/beingthisgirl or if you don't have facebook, check us out at www.beingthisgirl.com as you can see read all of our posts without logging in.

Good luck to you! I'd be happy to add you if you're keen to be MFP friends.

Dom x
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Yes! www.theskinnylist.com

We are actually more active on Jnstagram and Twitter (@theskinnylist)..... The site is a work in progress (although it does have posts as well).

We focus on drinks, snacks, and complete meals under 250 calories with a balanced level of macros.

Enjoy!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    ooh love blogs, and I love your blog.

my blog is kinda crappy but you can find it over at http://lifeofanoniongirl.wordpress.com/
  • running_mum
    running_mum Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Mine is http://inewrunner.blogspot.com

I am documenting my journey there, as the title suggests, I started running for the first time in life :)
  • UpBeatMaria
    UpBeatMaria Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Love this thread! I love reading blogs and connecting with other bloggers :D

My blog is fairly new and I am documenting my fitness journey, posting healthy tips, recipes and adding a little bit about my cat (because he is cool).

Here it is: www.learntosharecookies.com
  • I started a blog a few days ago, it's a fashion/style blog but I have also decided to blog about my weightloss, meals and tips. Please take a look (:

bigclosetsmallpurse.com

xx
  • bail01
    bail01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love finding new blogs for motivation!

I started blogging back in the spring and I'm really enjoying it!

http://onederlandorbust.net/
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Moved my blog to a new site:

http://fatgirldiariesonline.blog.com

Somehow, being public and transparent about the journey is so motivating. I'm curious: do any of the rest of you bloggers feel that there are topics related to your healthier lifestyle journey about which you will NOT blog?
  • HoneyIShrunktheMom
    Options
    Yes I do! I actually just recently started my blog and would love some new friends/followers to support me through this adventure of weight loss. Thanks for looking! :)

I'm on my phone in a waiting room now but I will check out the other links posted this evening.

http://honeyishrunkthemom.blogspot.com
  • rockabillywife
    Options
    My blog is http://littlestepsbyrockabillywife.blogspot.com.au/

I have one entry so far, but I am aiming to blog 3-4 times a week with low Cal recipes (400 and under for the whole meal), exercise routines I feel are really good, motivational quotes and other random bits and pieces I think are going to be interesting.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I took a little 9 month weight-loss-blogging hiatus (read: I had a baby :), but am slowly getting back at it. I'm only 10 days PP, so I can't do any exercise yet, but I've begun food tracking again. Plan on getting an updated post on my blog this week :)

Http://balancemepretty.tumblr.com
  • terifinn
    Options
    Just adding to the thread! I have one growthandgains.tumblr.com

I try to keep positive and realistic about my life. What is important and what isn't? Yes, weight loss is my goal but so is a positive and fulfilling life.