Question for people around my size

Options
2»

Replies

• DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Omg I can totally relate!!! I'm 5'4" and my heaviest thus far has been about 146-147 (blah). My cal goal initially set by MFP was 1200 also and that left me STARVVVVING! I upped it to 1300 recently and I try to work out at least 30 mins 3-5 days a week for a little over the past few weeks now. Seems like this has been working a little better for me but I'm still finding myself totally starving some days. I eat healthy snacks for the most part: yogurt, fruit, granola bars, crackers, veggies + hummus, etc. Today wasn't horrible I actually wasn't totally ravenous but I just had a bad dinner (long day ugh). Debating on a workout right now.... but I might up my cal goal slightly higher... I don't want to be starving and slow down my metabolism!
  • Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 152 right now....I am at 1400 cal and loosing weight, even when I eat my exercise calories...I know 1200 would be too low for me...it may be the same for you
  • hlanders
    hlanders Posts: 50
    Options
    Yes....you sound like me...
    i am 5.5 154lbs...I was at the begining just eating 1200 cals or below..just cause i was so used to being "on a diet" like my entire life. Now through talking to others...learned to up cals between :flowerforyou: 1400- 1700 with my exercise. What a crazy thing....It is almost hard to understand eating more...CRAZY...but having been trying the 1200 cal way for soooo long..I am proof ...IT doesn't give you loss...especially not eating those extra exercise cals!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    In looking at your current food diary, I would strongly urge you to add more protein to your breakfast and lunch choices, versus the high carbo loading. I eat eggs (hard boiled or scrambled) at breakfast and fish or chicken at lunch. Protein holds you for longer periods of time! Fortunately I love fresh veggies, so I eat Lots and Lots of them too throughout the day - at least 6 mini meals snacking on carrots, celery, broccoli, brussel sprouts, etc... and find that I am never really hungry. I am on around 1330 calories and losing weight. Hope this helps in your quest!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    In looking at your current food diary, I would strongly urge you to add more protein to your breakfast and lunch choices, versus the high carbo loading. I eat eggs (hard boiled or scrambled) at breakfast and fish or chicken at lunch. Protein holds you for longer periods of time! Fortunately I love fresh veggies, so I eat Lots and Lots of them too throughout the day - at least 6 mini meals snacking on carrots, celery, broccoli, brussel sprouts, etc... and find that I am never really hungry. I am on around 1330 calories and losing weight. Hope this helps in your quest!
  • jaci232
    jaci232 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Just something to think about; I recently upped my calories from 1200 to 1300..even just an extra 100 calories has made SUCH a difference! i wasn't STARVING at 1200, but i found i always seemed to go over by 50 calories or so..with 1300 calories I feel like even if I do eat 1275 calories, its still under my daily goal (and not in starvation mode either!). I also feel a lot more content throughout the day (especially if i exercise and gain even more calories to eat) and I've been seeing daily results just these past few days on 1300 calories. It really just depends how your body works!