question about nuts

Options
Hi there what are the best nuts to snack on. I've heard they are good to snack at but dunno what types :)

Replies

• aloubere
    Options
    i like to keep a variety goin. peanuts are a staple. I also keep walnuts and almonds on hand. always go for the lowest salt option! seeds are great too. like sunflower seeds and pepitas. they are awesome pre workout fuel! I hope this helped.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I think almost all of them are beneficial. There are some, like almonds and pistachios that I have heard are super good for you, but they are all a good source of protein and healthy fats. I love cashews, almonds, and pecans!
  • 91keira
    91keira Posts: 30
    Options
    Ah sunflower seeds didn't think of them and they are tasty :)
    Peanuts and cashews sound good. Thanks for the ideas :)
    I'm a nut virgin bahaha
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Different nuts have different health benefits, though all are great because they provide healthy fats, fiber and are filling. Here is a good breakdown of nut nutrition:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-and-nutrition/0406/why-you-should-go-nuts-for-nuts.aspx#/slide-1
  • connectedcats
    connectedcats Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Walnuts are supposed to be one of the best due to the omega 3 fatty acids, but nuts are high calorie, and for myself I find it hard to limit the portion size unless I put them in a salad or other meal.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I eat ALL of them but i hear that almonds are the best. I get the unsalted ones and i actually like them better. Cashews are my favorite though. I am addicted to them.

Also, I keep a can of them at my desk at work and eat them when there is dessert in the break room. Even though they are high calorie, they are better than eating cake or cookies.