I ran a 15k this weekend!

Options
My first race in over 2 years (due to injury and pregnancy) and it felt great. The longest I've run in 2+ years is 7 miles, which I did just a few weeks ago. I'm so pleased! I even beat my goal of a 10:00/mile pace and ran it at a 9:46.

My Garmin Forerunner 205 said I burned 996 calories and my Polar FT4 said 1046 Only a 50 calorie difference. I thought that was pretty neat and I thought I would share.

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That's a great accomplishment. I can't say that I've run that far at one time yet. Hopefully one day I'll make it to that level/
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Great work!! That's fantastic!!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Congrats - great time!
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    that is so great...I'm doing my first 5k in 6 weeks and trying to get ready for that...you inspire me!
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. that is awesome!!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    So great! Congrats on getting back out there :)
  • WolfPackFan13
    WolfPackFan13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Awesome! great job!
  • LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Getting back out there and running in a race is an amazing feeling!!!
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And congrats on becoming a mom! That's my goal too!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Nothing quite like race days. Good job and - GO PACK GO!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    congrats! that's something to be proud of :)
  • Malozing0809
    Malozing0809 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am working towards racing again. Good for you!
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    That's my favorite distance! (1/2 marathons are fun, too.) Long enough to really feel it, but not so long it beats you up too badly. Congratulations on your awesome time! :drinker:
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome pace!! :)
  • tressatnt
    Options
    That's my favorite distance! (1/2 marathons are fun, too.) Long enough to really feel it, but not so long it beats you up too badly. Congratulations on your awesome time! :drinker:

It was my first 15k and I did really like it! You're right, it's long enough to feel it, but doesn't kill you like the half does. I have a 13.1 sticker on my car but now I want to put 13.1, 15k, 10k and 5k all in a row, now that I've done them all!
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options

I did a half last week. I agree. I've done 5 marathons and they killed me. (Yes, this is my 6th reincarnation). 15Ks and halfs are just about right. Congrats!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    nice job! great pace.