sweet craving

Options
Hi everyone,

I am new to using my fitness pal. This is my 5th day!

Today I have had really bad cravings for sweet food....chocolate in particular. I am sure this has probably been asked before but does anyone have any ways they manage to control this? or minimise damage to your daily cal intake?

Thanks x

Replies

• Kathleen_Hays
    Options
    To be honest, the best thing that has helped me is to cut down on the carbs/starches. When I eat less starches, my craving for sweets goes way down. And it works the other way too - when I eat fewer sweets, I don't crave the starches as much! Try it and see what happens!
  • JamietheWay
    Options
    I try to find a protein bar like Special K's chocolate peanut butter and nibble on it between meals. It is kind of candy bar-ish but has some good calcium and protein. Their Honey Almond is really good too.
    I am a big Dark Chocolate freak and occasionally I will get a bar of Lindtz dark chocolate ( they are really thin) and I can just nibble on one square with a handful of almonds or brazil nuts. The trick is limiting it to one or two sqares a day. Make sure you log them and really enjoy them. The nuts add good energy and nutrients and make you feel a little more satisfied too. Oh and another great thing about a little dark chocolate is it makes me really thursty so I take the time to drink lots of water between each nibble.
    Good Luck.