Im a picky eater.

Options
Sorry for yet another post but Im trying to get as much info as I can so I can be successful losing weight.

Im a horribly picky eater.

I dont eat fish or any kind of seafood.
The ONLY kind of meat I eat is chicken. Boneless, skinless, fatless and cooked longer than it says to.
Wont touch anything with pork in it.
I could live off veggies.

Would it matter if I have the same thing every day all week? Just the right amount of calories I need daily?

Replies

• wildcata77
    Options
    Actually, lots of veggies and lean protein is a great thing to shoot for.

So it sounds like you've got a good start...maybe just make sure to add in exercise, plenty of fluids, and make sure you aren't eating a lot of processed foods.

If you are trying to make a change in diet, google "clean eating" and check out some of those sites for suggestions.
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind eating the same thing everyday then go for it. Im a picky eater too, I eat chicken and hamburg, if you look at my diary every week is the same. (if you look at my diary go back a month I've been bad lately on a bing trying to get myself under control again)
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Sorry for yet another post but Im trying to get as much info as I can so I can be successful losing weight.

The ONLY kind of meat I eat is chicken. Boneless, skinless, fatless and cooked longer than it says to.

Would it matter if I have the same thing every day all week? Just the right amount of calories I need daily?

No it wont matter especially in the protein area. Protein is protein. It doesn't matter what form you get it in. If rest of your meals are identical as well I would carefully watch your intake in vitamins and minerals and make sure you are taking in the proper nutrients as well as calories.
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    I hate fish too. There are so many online recipes you can look up and lots of protein rich options. Red kidney beans and also chickpeas are a good add in to meals.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Actually, lots of veggies and lean protein is a great thing to shoot for.

So it sounds like you've got a good start...maybe just make sure to add in exercise, plenty of fluids, and make sure you aren't eating a lot of processed foods.

If you are trying to make a change in diet, google "clean eating" and check out some of those sites for suggestions.

I know alot of you dont agree with this...but right now Im taking the Visalus shakes. I got the bags for free so Im using this as my way of getting a kick start. I never eat breakfast or lunch so I drink the shakes now until they are used up in a month or so then Hopefully Ill be used of eating normal low calorie breakfast and lunch.

I was thinking about having 1 or 2 visalus drinks a day, a small meal for dinner and snack on veggies through out the day and lots and lots of water.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options

No it wont matter especially in the protein area. Protein is protein. It doesn't matter what form you get it in. If rest of your meals are identical as well I would carefully watch your intake in vitamins and minerals and make sure you are taking in the proper nutrients as well as calories.

Why is protein essential for losing weight??
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Protein is essential to survival. But it doesn't really matter where you get it...chicken or beans or fish or hamburgers.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Protein is what maintains and builds muscles. When you use your muscles it uses energy. Muscle usage burns calories. More muscle mass more caloric burn. <---Why Weight lifting is crucial for your training. Yes even as a woman maybe more so.
  • wildcata77
    Options

Protein is what maintains and builds muscles. When you use your muscles it uses energy. Muscle usage burns calories. More muscle mass more caloric burn. <---Why Weight lifting is crucial for your training. Yes even as a woman maybe more so.

Not to mention the fact that women who lift see their body change even quicker than we see results on the scales. I love that my arms feel firmer before I even drop 5 lbs. It's awesome.