people with 50+ lbs to lose - anyone notice?

Options
How long did it take people you work with or otherwise see every day to notice you've lost weight, or at least say something?

I'm just curious. A friend who recently lost a ton of weight said she was almost at her goal when someone finally said something to her.

Replies

• nomad07811
    Options
    bump
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I've lost 48, started getting comments at about 35.
  • nomad07811
    Options
    I'm just starting, but another 12 pounds or so and I should start getting the squintted eye, you look different, look.
  • crennells
    crennells Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How long did it take people you work with or otherwise see every day to notice you've lost weight, or at least say something?

I'm just curious. A friend who recently lost a ton of weight said she was almost at her goal when someone finally said something to her.

I started to get comments at about 40 to 45 lbs it takes a while for others to see the difference and be comfortable enough to ask about it.
  • rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    People at work noticed by 40lbs. I'm 5'4" and have a total of about 90lbs to lose. So height and total weight you need to lose probably makes a difference too. My family and significant other sees me every day and therefore they don't notice the change like me. People who see me only about once a week notice and make comments.
  • Mexrose
    Mexrose Posts: 46
    Options
    People noticed when I lost twenty pounds.
  • mslainie
    Options
    My bar shows I have lost 9 but I have really lost around 23. I had lost some before I joined fp.I have 38 more to go and I dont expect anyone to notice for another 15 pounds. Yeah, she is right around 35 to 40 pounds people notice. Then after that they notice every 10 pounds.
  • _amelia
    _amelia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    People who constantly see you are the last folks to notice most of the time. I think maybe because the changes are gradual. Those who only see me once every few months (or more) automatically notice, since the change was dramatic for them.

My family who see me everyday never said anything until I went down a couple of sizes (they noticed one of the shirts that use to be tight on me was now a little loose). My doctor who saw me three months later (and about 15 pounds less) said something about my weight right away.
  • avivan
    avivan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I saw some family I hadn't seen in a few months and they said something as soon as they saw me. No one at work has said anything, not because I think they can't tell but they just haven't. Not good or bad, just wondering where people were at when co-workers or other people in their lives said something to them. My husband notices everything, but we sleep together so, you know :).
  • avivan
    avivan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    And btw, congrats on everyone's successes!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    70 lbs
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your starting weight.
    I started off at 245lbs, and it probably took 25 lbs for people to really notice.

That being said, the closer I have gotten to my goal people notice it alot more... 10 lbs lost on a 160 frame looks more noticable than 10 lbs lost on a 245lbs frame.

ALso remember people that see you everyday adjust to the changes as you go, whereas people you don't see often remember you as they last saw you and will notice it more.
  • kuvholt
    Options
    I've lost 55 lbs, and still get people who say "have you lost weight?", of course then I also have people who tell me that I look like a homeless person who doesn't have any clothes that fit...

I started getting the "have you lost weight?" at about 40 lbs.
  • lashaunalou
    lashaunalou Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm getting comments already but, I am tall so a little weight loss goes a long way
  • Jade021996
    Options
    lost 50, hmmm. they started noticing at about 20 pounds.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Around 30-35 when people who I saw daily started noticing.
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 60 lbs total. I've lost 16 so far and no one has made comments yet.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    From my starting weight, I wanted to lose 65lbs.

So far i've lost 30lbs and hardly anyone has noticed. I think it all depends on the person though and how you carry your weight.
  • AmbieSweetz
    AmbieSweetz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Others seemed to notice around 30 lbs. My eyes are still catching up tho!
  • MOEMOEONTHERADIO
    MOEMOEONTHERADIO Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I dont live in the same city as most of my family and friends but on my last visit they noticed and I am only about 24lbs lighter. The people I see all the time, have not noticed yet. I feel like I am barely seeing the difference (and mainly in the way clothes are fitting) so I dont expect them to really notice.