Hi, I am new and over 60..... I need all of you!!!

Options
Hello All, :smile:

I have to be serious about this. I am not trying to loose to look good, although that would be nice!!! It is just that I am overweight about 30 lbs and my body is telling me that.

I am disabled and home alone. Food is around me 24/7.

So the plan is to start by eating a healthy breakfast, juicing lunch, a lightweight dinner, and exercise.

Hope this resets my body!!!

Thanks in advance for all help and support.

Replies

• srustin
    srustin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Glad you are listening to your body. I don't know enough about you to give you anything specific, but to say that the extra 30 pounds that your spoke of certainly make things harder on you! You are in the right place and as you get more comfortable to share your progress and challenges, the MyFitnessPals will come to your aid! Now, lets get started!-)
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I'm a bit short of 60, but have made a lifestyle change due to health. My blood levels and BP were going the wrong way and that was my biggest motivation. I have lost over 50 pounds and the difference is dramatic--back to normal levels for blood sugar and triglycerides, normal BP and good cholesterol numbers.

I think the key thing is to plan what you eat and MFP is helpful because you record it. If you want you can "friend " me. I will support you in your efforts to improve your quality of life.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 56 and lost 85 pounds in the last year. If i can do it anyone can. You can friend me if you want. I'll be happy to support you.
    Good luck.
  • MissyTheToe
    Options
    Thanks, All!

I am going to try a simple plan. Not one that makes me weigh and measure. The more I am around food the more I think of it, so a simple yogurt makes more sense to me than a complicated salad.
  • ashleydmassey
    ashleydmassey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you on the disability and home all the time. The "good" thing about that is you get more time to focus on yourself and being healthier! :smile: That focus has taken my own mind off my issues that have me down. Positive exchange for a negative!!! Glad you are wanting to do the same!!! I will send you a friend request. :smile:
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 49. I am home all the time due to becoming physically disabled, so I understand being around food all the time. I also have a husband that is underweight so he keeps sweets and pastries around him all the time. Feel free to add me for support and encouragement.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    welcome to MFP! good luck in your journey. feel free to add me if you wish!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Older than dirt here and home alone a lot. Friend me if you want. I am very tiny, so the weight I have lost isn't much to some, but it has made a huge difference. Welcome aboard. I definitely recommend weighing and measuring.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Hannie, 64, feel free to add me too!!