laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    anybody have a good hangover cure?
    i'm gonna need it for when i wake up in the morning to much :drinker: lol

please and thnk you
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Water, water, MORE water (should of been drinking water before you slept), did I mention water?

Add a vitamin, and 2 advil! ~smiling~

WATER!

I always try to drink 32oz to 64oz of water prior to sleeping! The headache is mostly caused by dehydration!
  • laureneva
    Options
    Water, water, MORE water (should of been drinking water before you slept), did I mention water?

WATER!

I always try to drink 32oz to 64oz of water prior to sleeping! The headache is mostly caused by dehydration!

lol i always have a bottle of water with me when i drink and usually finish off another one before i go to bed if i can
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Take a teaspoon of honey before you go to bed and an aspirin.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine swears by soy milk, as odd as that sounds. Must have soy milk before the head hits the pillow if he feels he has embibed too much. Seems to work for him, although I'm not sure why.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

WATER!

QFT. :wink:

Back in my former life, I usually took a ginseng tablet before bed also. Seemed to always flush my system, so by the time I woke I was very very ready to 'evacuate' anything that I might have imbibed the night before. :wink:
  • laureneva
    Options
    a friend of mine swears by soy milk, as odd as that sounds. Must have soy milk before the head hits the pillow if he feels he has embibed too much. Seems to work for him, although I'm not sure why.

that works? seriously? haha thats awesome i'm gonna go do that now and crash
    thanx!
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Take a pint of milk to line your stomach BEFORE you start to drink, and then take a couple of glasses of water before you go to bed and a couple of paracitimol or asprine.
    It does the trick for me.

Pamela xxx

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If nothing else works, hair of the dog that bit you.
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Tomato juice the day after. It's high in potassium and vitamins. Also make sure you eat a decent amount of fiber.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Orange juice! The acids in it react with the alcohol so less is in your system. Better to start drinking it as soon as you've finished drinking. That doesn't mean that you should drink screwdrivers, btw. :wink:

Or if you can't stomach orange juice, drink some gatorade.
  • timisw
    Options
    I remember getting sick off of screw drivers and not even being able to handle the smell of Orange Juice for WEEKS!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    When I first wake up in the morning and am hanging bad..I take a motion sickness pill. It stops the queasiness (I get hangovers in my stomach) and makes me sleep. Try it with some excederin migrane too.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    oh noes don't take advil yet

that's bad for your stomach, especially if you have alcohol coursing through it :gulp:

yeah, water, eat a banana in the morning and some bread and go back to sleep :P
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    And definitely don't take Tylenol or any sleeping medicine! It's too much stress on your liver. Check the bottle of Tylenol PM: you should NOT take it if you drink 3 or more drinks per week, not all that many but enough to damage your liver if you take Tylenol, too.
  • timisw
    Options
    Gosh, the Advils never bother me! Back in the young drinking days, it worked like a champ, but I dont really get hangovers!
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    In the young drinking days you probably just rebounded because you were young :P