Looking for a *buddy* system (friends)

Options
Hello all...

I have been using MFP for approximately 5 months now, have made it halfway to my goal, and only have recently realized the benefit of the "community" here. I'm a quiet, shy person by nature so I don't easily throw myself out there on forums, though I've tried to reply to some posts.

I would LOVE to have a balanced buddy system, if anyone wants to add me! I'd love to have "friends" who I can count on with a little nudge on those rare days that we all need pick-me-ups...and I want to be that buddy to others! It's great having people who throw out the "wtg" and other little nudges on my posts that show "weight lost" and "days logged in". But there are those few days when I feel like I need someone who can relate with, and give a boost, when things aren't so great. It's rare that I post that I'm struggling, but those rare times, it would be nice to have someone kick me back into gear!!

I come to the forums and read about others dealing with many of the same facets as myself throughout this journey. However, from my iPhone, I'm not sure how to get to the forums. When things are busy and hectic, I don't get the chance to swing by anyway. So, to have others who are right there to reach out to, and to be reached out to, could be a really beneficial 2-way street!

Hope to see some of you around!

Replies

• AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Sent a request!
  • Beckababy1011
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Looking for accountability, encouragement & overall comradery in a quest for health. Haven't delved into the community piece on here & I think it could be very valuable.
  • rscanlon12
    rscanlon12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too am looking for accountability and support! I've never tried participating in a 'community' before, always went it alone, and was never very successful. I'm new here but I hope by joining I will have the encouragement and motivation to finally change my lifestyle and reach my goals and help motivate others to reach theirs!
  • klamarius
    Options
    I am very quiet also and have just recently started to add "friends" on here. It does help quite a bit to have that support system in place, even if it is from perfect strangers! Sending a request to you here momentarily! :smile:
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I am far from quiet and shy LOL
  • Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Shoot me an add! It's nice to have some accountability and have mates who can motivate you :)
  • dayatatime1
    dayatatime1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've always done it on my own before too, but I think it's really great to have people who are in the same boat as you and can encourage you!
  • tannity2
    tannity2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I'd love to renew my enthusiasm here at MFP. I'm dedicated to supporting others -- now I need some support myself.
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Add me, although I have lost a lot, still need to lose another 3kg. Would like to help :smile:
  • jmenglund03
    Options
    You can add me too. I have gradually been building up MFP pals, and it is great to have their encouragement.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    You all can add me. I log on everyday and never give up. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the halfway point! That is awesome! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I am on here every day!