Logging Insanity

Options
How do you log your Insanity workouts since they are all different?

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    bump
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I wear a heart rate monitor during my workouts and record the respective calorie burns.
  • curvykim78
    Options
    I wear a heart rate monitor during my workouts and record the respective calorie burns.

I don't have one of those yet. :(
  • Colexlovely
    Colexlovely Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good question. I am doing insanity too. and I have a friend on mfp who has done it so i pretty much go by her calories minus a hundred because I am smaller. smaller you are i think the less calories you burn
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    That's what I did. And I logged each day as a new exercise.
  • polza1888
    polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity today and using a heart rate monitor to monitor calories.. You don't have to monitor them if you use the method in his guide :)
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

You can get them for a pretty decent price on Amazon - the workouts are pretty much impossible to log accurately without one.
  • curvykim78
    Options

You can get them for a pretty decent price on Amazon - the workouts are pretty much impossible to log accurately without one.

I'm going to look into one. I'll check Amazon and ebay and some stores if I need to. I'd really like to get an accurae number. Thanks!
  • Julzmusic
    Julzmusic Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey I bought a HRM but haven't had a chance to get it going yet (as weird of an excuse as that is) you will find some blogs online where people have listed their results... I gauge my values off them for now.
  • tdismydog
    tdismydog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i did some research on the www. most are around 600 calories on average. i dunno if its exactly accurate but its what i use
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    In the absence of a HRM I've just logged them as "cardio." I'm sure it's an underestimate on the number of calories burned, but still gives me some sort of baseline.